• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rich_p

Heater Matrix Delete - What Pipes Do I Need?

Rich_p

I’ve not spend much time on the car in the last year but got into the garage recently and found a tiny amount of water in the car. I cleared it and checked again a couple of weeks later and it’s reappeared.

It’s coming from under the dash so I suspect it’s a slightly leaky heater matrix. (it’s coolant coloured)

It’s been stripped inside bar the dash and gets quite warm in there so I think I can do without a heater.

I’m assuming others may have removed the matrix from the system before so I’m hoping someone can tell me what size pipes I would need to buy to be able to bypass this?

While I’m at it I think I will remove the water pipes that run to the throttle body too as they are not really needed.

Paul_13

The matrix is easy enough to replace, so I don't see the point of looping it off

welshpug

what he said!

you'll curse yourself on that damp cold trackday...

Rich_p

Having had a search on heater matrix’ (should really have done that in advance of this thread!) it appears it might be a good idea to keep one.

I didn’t realise you could get them so cheaply either.

I’m wondering if it’s worth putting in some of the leak stop for the time being, it’s such a slight leak it may cure it.

Tom Fenton

It really is such an easy job to change the matrix that I wouldn't bother with the stop leak gobbo. Save yourself the £8 and put it towards the matrix.

• Like 1