• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m_attt

Speedo Cable

m_attt

Had problems with my speedo not working, turns out a £45 405 cable has broken, the end just keeps dissappearing up the cable so wont stay engaged in the drive unit. not happy.

So does anyone know where i can get a standard gti one now a longer is not needed. gsf/ecp etc dont do them, cant find them on service box and ebay only have the short ones.

cheers

farmer

Matt i think the speedo number is 6123 C5 that you need.

dcc

I am 99% certain I have one in my shed which I bought 12 months ago, and used for only 7-8months. its a 205 gti item, direct from pug - I paid about £35 for it. If I can find you, you can have it for say £25 posted?

m_attt

ah brilliant, will take that down to pug tomo. thanks for your help :)

welshpug

are you sure its clipped onto the speedo head properly? you need to make sure you line the square drive with the cog as well.

GSF do list one, but oddly the shorter LHD version, I would give them a call and ask them to check its not a RHD one.

it is also still shown on servicebox at about £30.

m_attt

I am 99% certain I have one in my shed which I bought 12 months ago, and used for only 7-8months. its a 205 gti item, direct from pug - I paid about £35 for it. If I can find you, you can have it for say £25 posted?

Ill get back to you tomorrow as could ideally do with it asap. cheers

are you sure its clipped onto the speedo head properly? you need to make sure you line the square drive with the cog as well.

GSF do list one, but oddly the shorter LHD version, I would give them a call and ask them to check its not a RHD one.

it is also still shown on servicebox at about £30.

yes as it would turn for a bit then stop, it seams the cable just dissapears up the sleve, when you hold it it only has a few mm sticking out and takes no effort to push it up. tried pulling the cable out with pliers and feeding that in the drive unit. but still kept coming out.

welshpug

any cable will do that, there's nothing holding them in.

m_attt

it seams the casing has been stretched at some point, tried all sorts. but could only ever get it to have a few mm of the cable sticking out so would never engage with the drive unit. couldn't think what else to try, its seamed dodgy since i bought it. was always really temperamental.