• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Shevy

Help - Where To Get New Nuts Bolts Etc... For My Pug

Shevy

Hi all,

I'm finally making a start on my 205 ,at last !

Can anyone recommend best place to buy new nuts and bolts for my pug.

The car has been in a dismantled state for such a long time and I know will have various

suspension nuts and bolts missing (I 'm sure)

I live in Wallingford half way betwwen Oxford and Reading, can anyone recommend the best place

to get these from, not sure if Peugeot still stock them and would think they charge a fortune

anyway, or say that I have to buy them in packets of 100.

I would be happy buying them online too if that was an option.

Cheers

Kevin

TooMany2cvs

For most of the fasteners, they're bog standard metric threads, so any half-way decent fastener supplier will be able to sort you out. I've just got a stack of M6 - 10mm head - fasteners this morning. 100 washers, 50 nuts, 20 nyloc nuts, 20 each of three different lengths of bolt... Change from three quid. Yep, three quid for all a decent-size bag of shiny new decent quality bolts. That's from Orbital Fasteners on the edge of Watford, but there'll be somebody similar near you. <checks> Actually, OX9/39/49 postcodes (Thame/Chinnor/Watlington) are in Orbital's van delivery area - free next day for any order over £20.

http://www.orbitalfasteners.co.uk

No connection except as happy customer, etc etc.

Edited by TooMany2cvs

Tom Fenton

For most of the fasteners, they're bog standard metric threads,

There are a few oddballs around the car, to the great glee of my friend with a Ford, M7 crops up quite often, as do fine pitch 12mm on the rear beam/dampers.

To the original poster, what is it you are after in particular, folk may be able to advise you on correct sizes etc.Also anything on the suspension or brakes needs to be the correct pitch high tensile bolt.

TooMany2cvs

There are a few oddballs around the car, to the great glee of my friend with a Ford, M7 crops up quite often

I'm used to 2cvs, so M7's "normal" for me...

Good source of M7 fasteners.

http://www.ecas2cvparts.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=m7

Yes, they're expensive compared to "standard" fasteners, but they're still not that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by TooMany2cvs

Simes

I'm used to 2cvs, so M7's "normal" for me...

Good source of M7 fasteners.

http://www.ecas2cvparts.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=m7

Yes, they're expensive compared to "standard" fasteners, but they're still not that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Ha ha I've been buying up supplies of m7 for my dads 2cv.

M7 nuts used on strut tops on 205.

Shevy

There are a few oddballs around the car, to the great glee of my friend with a Ford, M7 crops up quite often, as do fine pitch 12mm on the rear beam/dampers.

To the original poster, what is it you are after in particular, folk may be able to advise you on correct sizes etc.Also anything on the suspension or brakes needs to be the correct pitch high tensile bolt.

Hi Tom,

I won't find out exactly what I need until I start working on the car tomorrow. I'm starting on the front suspension, drop links, arms and fitting my new Bisltein coilovers. I just wanted to see if there was anywhere fairy local that I could pop along to as and when I need. I do know that with suspemsions bolts they need to be the right tensile ones.

Shevy

Thanks for the replies guys, give me something to work with.

Fingers crossed there is not too much missing, but I've not worked on the car for years and know I'm going to have to dig deep into

the garage to find all my tools and parts off the pug !! ha ha

TooMany2cvs

Fingers crossed there is not too much missing

Even if they're all there, I'd be tempted to use new anyway. Nothing quite so pleasant as putting shiny things together with fasteners that just slide happily up the thread... B'sides, I'd have thought that there's a few Nylocs in there - don't re-use them.

Shevy

Even if they're all there, I'd be tempted to use new anyway. Nothing quite so pleasant as putting shiny things together with fasteners that just slide happily up the thread... B'sides, I'd have thought that there's a few Nylocs in there - don't re-use them.

Yep, I'll only use new Nylocs, not worth the risk using old one's and I am partial to new shiny bits on the car, nuts and bolts included :-)