• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sam-barker

Trouble Refitting Wishbones

sam-barker

Had my 309 wishbones off to change the bushes (swapped for some powerflex ones I've had in the garage ages)

Managed to change them ok but trying to refit them to the subframe they look massive and I am struggling to get them to go into the spaces in the subframe?

Any tips? Apart from obviously the expected "don't use powerflex etc...I'm using them as I'm desperate and already had them so ill give them a chance.

Car is a peugeot 309 base spec with 205 gti subframe and 309 gti wishbones

Cheers

Anthony

Often it's helpful to cut a small chamfer on the edge of the polybush to help locate them in the subframe.

Miles

And you may need to trim the metal insert down slightly, Had this a few times as they have been just that little bit too long

sam-barker

Thanks for the advice

dcc

have you tried persuading them?

Adrian247

As Miles said, check that the metal inserts will go in first, if not trim it to suit, the bushes will fit but you do need to work hard to get them started, but once started and fairly near square in the subframe they will push in with a little bit of jiggling the wishbone up an down...

j_turnell

A chamfer on the outer edges will definitely help along with a bit of lube on the outer faces to help it locate into the subframe, but as above make sure the sleeves aren't to long otherwise you'll never get to fit.