• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Juttie205

Floor And Boot Floor Removal

Juttie205

was just wondering if anyone has removed a complete floor and if so where is it spotwelded and also can the boot floor be removed complete without taking all the beam support brackets off. I only ask as I have found a really good floor that would be better to replace my floor than patch which I have started doing.

bigalthenutter

floor pan is spot welded at bulkhead sills front chassis legs and to your boot pan where the rear seat wells are. the boot pan and rear seat wells are one piece this is welded to rear cross members undeneath and to inner rear arch amongst other places . Its a big job to drill all those out and you will need to strip under seal to reveal them all.

Juttie205

Thanks thats what I thought I will have a go at getting it all off at scrap yard then if that goes well will replace on mine.

bigalthenutter

dont mean to offend but why ? If its that bad re shell the car ?

• Like 1

welshpug

dont mean to offend but why ? If its that bad re shell the car ?

because if everyone took that attitude they'd disappear rapidly.

• Like 2

Juttie205

Its not that bad but if I can replace the whole floor instead of patching it then I would rather do that as it will be a better repair I am restoring a genuine dimma and wish to keep it that was so reshelling is not a option check out my restoration thread and you will see what I have saved allready.

bigalthenutter

cool i see now il take a look im restoring a gti check mine out although mine is a very solid shell ;)

shooter mcgavin

I will be replacing my boot floor next weekend up I'm afraid it's a half section I have so wont be going as far as drilling out the old one.

bigalthenutter

because if everyone took that attitude they'd disappear rapidly.

this is true and i totally understand i didnt realise it was a dimma. there have been so many decent 205s go through the jaws of death. then there are people trying desperatley to preserve these iconic and in my opinion the best hot hatch ever. but reshelling would be my option if it were a base model etc thats where i was coming from :)

speno

I've cut a few out , not a job I would do again tbh , makes it easy if its a bare shell and you can roll it from one side to the other

Juttie205

can the boot floor be removed without disturbing all the suspension mounting points?

bigalthenutter

rear beam will have to come off as all the mounts go through the floor pan

Juttie205

I have dropped the beam off on the one in the scrapyard but i was just wondering if the boot skin would come off and leave the support beams that way I wont disturb the suspension mounting points.