• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

dogboy1066

Heater Fan Alternatives

dogboy1066

One of the annoying things left on my list is sorting the heater fan out.

It was working (squealing a bit) and stopped working all of a sudden recently. I've got a new Rehostat on the way and have had a go at refurbing the motor as per the article here, but it is fairly corroded and the bearings are pretty rotten, so it doesn't feel much better.

I've looked at replacements, but it seems to be about £30 for a nearly 30 year old fan that is probably in the same condition.

Valeo made fans of what looks like to be similar dimensions, for various peugeot and VAG cars that are much newer and can be bought for less. Has anyone fitted a motor from one of these into the 205 housing or modified one to fit in any other way?

(i've done a search but it hasn't turned up much)

omri617

Just guessing by the looks , maybe 206 ?

dogboy1066

I hadn't seen any new ones, cheers for that. A bit too much for my pocket though.

I'm contemplating getting a used one from a more recent car, maybe look at a 206 as recommended above or Audi a3/ golf etc which looks similar in size and seeing if the motor wI'll slot in with little modification

yorkshirekowboy

Bringing back from the dead sorry,did anybody find out an alternative? How much work does it take to make a 206 one fit?