• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SurGie

Sourcing New 205 Gti Driving Lights !

SurGie

As above really, iv searched all the usual places (a little while ago) for a set of driving lights but all were out of stock & not looking to supply anymore. Unless iv missed the most obvious place somehow ??

I have tried places abroad but they came out as out of stock too and i have a feeling these wont be available anymore !

Does anyone know any where (motor factors) that sells new units at all, im looking for a set that are not overly priced as well, well no more expensive than the usual places sold them as. Im not too bothered what make they are, although SIEM or CIBIE makes would be the preferred choice, both of these were supplied from factory although CIBIE afaik were used on 205's in Europe.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

farmer

Denji ones on Ebay.

S@m

A bosch supplier told me they could still get them (part number 0318503009 - thats the Siem ones), but the online bosch catalogue seems to disagree - states they are NFP. I'll phone him again in the week to see if he's changed his mind.

The easiest way to get (used) Cibies is to find a phase 1 306 or citroen ZX, i currently have a set fitted to mine but they don't fit as nicely as the Siems.

Here's a link to the bosch page - http://www.bosch-automotive-catalog.com/public/catalog/products?p_p_id=BoschWSRP&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_count=1&_BoschWSRP_wsrp-urlType=blockingAction&_BoschWSRP_wsrp-navigationalState=%2FWFS%2FAAGLOBAL-AA-Catalog-Site%2Fen_GB%2F-%2FEUR%2FViewSearchProduct-ByNumberTypesWithOrderNumber%3Bpgid%3DD41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8DOXOBjf-%3Bsid%3D0SbRlx22GQhslUzvskldbRI98YkScLxVucw%3D&_BoschWSRP_proxyportlet-remoteInvocation=true

Says discontinued in Jan 2012 sadly.

Edited by Sam306

Daviewonder

I phoned Bosch a few weeks back and they said they had been discontinued. They gave me the name of the company that bought up all the last sets worldwide- Neat autos.

farmer

I phoned Bosch a few weeks back and they said they had been discontinued. They gave me the name of the company that bought up all the last sets worldwide- Neat autos.

Now you know that's not true. :lol:

Daviewonder

The last of the sets from Bosch. I'm sure there's a few sets still knocking around at various dealers ;)

• Like 1

Miles

If you have a serch, the Denji ones are rubbish in comparison to the Siem units, But as Sam's said the 306/ZX Cibies are better if you cannot get the OE ones

• Like 1

AlexRS2782

I guess the fact the SIEM ones are now NFP, explains why a certain eBay seller is asking £275 for a complete set then :blink:

I've had a set of Denji units on mine since i bought it & they've lasted very well tbh. I had considered changing back to the o.e SIEM's about 18 months ago, but after going for a drive & getting a stone chip on the glass of one of the Denji units, i decided it to stick with them as i'd be gutted if that happened to a set of the SIEM ones especially at the cost they were to replace compared to the Denji ones.

In fairness the metal surround for the Denji ones has only had to be sanded back/repainted once in the time i've owned the which isn't bad imo :)

farmer

He bought them from Ebay France so he told me the other day.

Daviewonder

but after going for a drive & getting a stone chip on the glass of one of the Denji units, i decided it to stick with them as i'd be gutted if that happened to a set of the SIEM ones especially at the cost they were to replace compared to the Denji ones.

You need some driving lamp protectors.

farmer

You need some driving lamp protectors.

Are they still being sold by Craig?

Daviewonder

There's a new batch being made.

Daviewonder

Dunno mate, keep an eye on the thread in the group buy section.

farmer

Just followed it will get a set when they are ready. Don't want my new Siems getting cracked on my farm road's !

Rock Lobster

Do these protectors fit the denji lights? They do look top quality

Daviewonder

I'd say yes as a couple of sets of spot lamps that I own are a mix and match of Siem and Denji parts and all the important bits are the same dimensions.

Rock Lobster

Cheers Dave, will keep my eye on this and order me a set then!

SurGie

If you have a search, the Denji ones are rubbish in comparison to the Siem units, But as Sam's said the 306/ZX Cibies are better if you cannot get the OE ones

This is the main reason id rather not go for Denji plus the fact they aren't OE. My main point with these is the fact that OE ones are very thin on the ground or are very expensive. It would be cheaper to get a spare set of SIEM lenses and seal them onto new Denji lights and paint the surround using epoxy primer then paint, fit protectors and forget about them. I could do this but the lenses i have are a little chipped and wont really match the whole detailing of the car if you see what i mean, so i would prefer to get brand spanking new ones if possible, without making my wallet all bare.

I really want a set of CIBIE yellow ones more than anything, clear SIEM one's too if i cant get the CIBIE ones.

Thanks for all the help so far, i'll have a look through the links now and see whats around, its a pity its come to this on such a popular hot hatch too but it looks like Denji will be the main ones used on these cars now i think, at least until they stop producing them that is.

Also i think neat auto's are selling the fog version of lights not the driving version of the lights, this is also what i found when i did find them for sale on the interweb ?

S@m

Yeah, my factor has now agreed that the originals aren't available but the cibies are for £59+vat each full retail, and a fair bit less for trade.

I am tempted, the problem i always had with the Cibies was that on the 306/zx they are fog beam pattern, what i didn't know was that on the 106 they were driving lamps; peugeot number 6204c5, valeo number 084629.