• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
McCann

Servo & Master Cylinder Upgrades

McCann

I was wondering are there any servo and master cylinder upgrades that bolt straight onto a 1600 205 gti I have heard Berlingo servo and master cylinder are a good upgrade but my 205 master cylinder is 3 port and Berlingos are all either 2 or 4? Can anyone help?

Anthony

Easy to block off the 4th port on a 4 port MC to give you a 3 port one - indeed, most (if not all now) replacement MC's for 1.6's are 4 port items and normally come supplied with one or two blanking screws.

welshpug

if they have more ports than you use just fit a blanking plug, the non abs and abs items are usually 2 port though many are supplied as 4 port with two blanking plugs.

ORB

I bought a 1.9 one (Bendix) last month, it had 2 blanking plugs in the box.

McCann

Will it effect braking force though if you block off one port as the braking force will be going down one line instead of two

Anthony

As above - it's pressure, not flow, and thus it matters not if there's one port or two.

A 1.6 MC (3 port) is to all intents and purposes a 1.9 MC (4 port) with the 4th hole blocked by the casting, rather than a screw in blanking plug.