• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Craig.Mi16

Right/wrong Lower Arm Bushes?

Craig.Mi16

i bought these the other day from a local parts dealer "apparently" there for a 205 but...im not sure. :wacko:

i know they should be a struggle to fit but these seem ridiculous, i took them to a mechanic with a press and they ended up all bowed like this.

post-21651-0-39801700-1363634690_thumb.jpg

also im not sure on the part no. etc as they came in a bag but i gave my reg so i assumed they are/were correct.

theres a numberon the rubber aswel (2173) if thats any use?

Edited by Craig.Mi16

welshpug

are they all the same size or is there two pairs one smaller with a fairly thick tube and a larger one with an additional ring inside the bush?

did the "mechanic" know that there's two sizes?

makes me wonder what the hell they were thinking trying to force something that's quite obviously too big.

farmer

Get yourself on service box and find you own part numbers.

Some parts staff are at best woefull when it comes to getting the right part number's.

Miles

Look like pattern ones anyway which are not worth fitting, But never go back there as to bend a bush like that well ....

Craig.Mi16

are they all the same size or is there two pairs one smaller with a fairly thick tube and a larger one with an additional ring inside the bush?

did the "mechanic" know that there's two sizes?

makes me wonder what the hell they were thinking trying to force something that's quite obviously too big.

yep, theres two sizes the small ones fit perfect. and i have no idea, he said that i could have warped the hole on the lower arm trying to get them out in the first place but it looks fine to me. i think its a case of wrong bushes.

Craig.Mi16

Get yourself on service box and find you own part numbers.

Some parts staff are at best woefull when it comes to getting the right part number's.

cheers mate, will come in very handy didnt have a clue bout this.

Look like pattern ones anyway which are not worth fitting, But never go back there as to bend a bush like that well ....

sounds like a good idea.

Matt205

Defiantly only expell effort fitting genuine