• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie205_turbo

Electric Windows

Ronnie205_turbo

My electric windows are ummmm somewhat messed about a bit. The switches have been messed about with, but now I want to put them back to the standard switches.

I bought some switches and carriers. But from where my windows have been messed about with I don't have a clue how to get these working again.

I basically have one switch for up, one for down on both sides. Got perm live then either up or down wire.

Anyone know how I can use the same wiring or would it be easier just to get a new electric window loom and install that?

Anthony

I think this is one of these situations where a picture paints a thousand words.

Is it an OE electric window loom that's been chopped about, or an aftermarket setup? I'm wondering if it's the later by you saying that there's just one switch per side, that's all, as the OE setup has two switches on the drivers side (so the driver can raise/lower the passenger window)

It shouldn't be too hard to sort it out if it's an OE setup as it should just be a case of removing the bits that have been added and grafting the original wiring plug back on (and potentially extending the wiring if they've chopped it down too much) but if it's an aftermarket setup then it might be a little more involved, although I'd imagine not difficult if you've a basic understanding of vehicle electrics.

Ronnie205_turbo

It had standard electric windows so its the original loom that's been cut about.

I hope I can sort this out. Been looking forward to the standard interior.

Ronnie205_turbo

What I thought is that the normal 205 window switch would work like a normal rocker switch?

MikeC

Just be careful as the the colour coding changed between Phase 1.5 and Phase 2.

They normally have a live feed into the centre pin, and two orange and two grey both either side one for up and down (phase 1.5). The driver side should be straight forward, passenger side on the the driver side should be good also, but be wary as this is also wired to the passenger window. Another thing i noted on my own car was when i had trouble, i noticed that peugeot Bonded cables together to share 12v with heatshrink on the passenger side. This eventually caused a small fire in my passenger door. If you could, try and source the looms for the doors in a scrappie, as it will be much handier. Phase 1.5 are wired directly to the car, and later ones have a connector on the door (far easier)

Slo

Window switch wires are....

Direction (one side of the motor)

Earth

Live (switchable or permanent upto you)

Earth

Direction (one side of the motor)

Live and earths dont really matter which go to which switch but the direction (motor) wires have to match on each switch

Easy to sort out

• Like 2

Ronnie205_turbo

That's what I thought they would be but I wasn't getting that when I tested through the switch?

I'm gonna try this and see what happens on the car. Haha.

Slo

I converted mine from manual and had to make my own wiring with spade connectors. Now with live between two earths its a good idea to insulate them well if yours is like this.

It was really difficult to get the spades into the switch though I had to trim a little plastic off the insulator of each one

Ronnie205_turbo

Mine was electric but got messed around cut about and now needs to be put back.

Ill try this and see.