• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shooter mcgavin

Rib On 309 Arb With Power Flex Bushes

shooter mcgavin

Trying to fit powerflex bushes to my 309 front arb but there's no cut out in the bush for the raised/ribbed section on the left side.

Should the bush sit right on the raised section and just bolt the sucker down or do I have to modify the bush?

Just don't fit well at all

welshpug

Send the bush back as not fit for purpose as it should have a groove, or modify it.

brumster

This is the issue with Powerflex bushes - they all have that. Send it back for a refund if you can find some that have the recess. Alternative is to just cut some clearance in there or bolt it up and ignore it :) might make it all a bit 'stiff' then though, so I prefer to take a bit of material out of the bush.

shooter mcgavin

Think I'll just take a bit out of the bush, ordered them ages ago.

What's the rasied section actually for? Is it to stop the bar sliding side to side, don't think I see it on the 205 arb

welshpug

205 arb has it unless its a base model with the locating bar and clamp.

brumster

What's the rasied section actually for? Is it to stop the bar sliding side to side, don't think I see it on the 205 arb

I assume it's for that, yes... provide a little bit of side-to-side location.

shooter mcgavin

Never noticed it, the bushes are still on that's why.

Looks like I'm missing 2 bolts for the brackets too. Can't even rob them from the 1.6 looks like it has a different set up .

welshpug

its the same setup, but there's two types used, one cast alloy clamp with a bolt, and the plate steel with studs, its just a 30mm long M10 bolt.

Tom Fenton

Bolt it up and ignore it isn't good, as the bush grips the bar so tight that you get massive roll stiffness! I packed the clamps off the subframe sufficiently to give rotary movement of the bar but still supporting it properly.

shooter mcgavin

its the same setup, but there's two types used, one cast alloy clamp with a bolt, and the plate steel with studs, its just a 30mm long M10 bolt.

Sorry that's what I meant the 205 one I have has studs the the 309 one has bolts.

30mm m10 any weird pinch on the threads? I'm done buying nuts and bolts from the dealer, spent a fortune already.

welshpug

they'll be 60p or so from a dealer, normal 1.5 pitch.

shooter mcgavin

My dealer stocks just about nothing. Everything I've bought so far has been bags of 5 or 10.

What I'm meant to do with 10 offset washers :-( the stuff to do the beam has cost me a small fortune and I still need 2 shafts yet.

Think ill try the hardware place, I'm not buying 10 when I only need 2.

Has anyone got a photo of a modified powerflex bush?