• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
john-melbourne

Rear Bump Stop

john-melbourne

Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anyone can tell me if the rear bump stops are still available from Peugeot if so don't suppose anyone knows how much they cost? Seen the sets for sale on ebay, has anyone used these? Stupid question, but i assume you change them both at the same time?

Thanks Guys

John

welshpug

you are best off asking a pug dealer.

given the age of them, it probably is wise to replace both, though as the car does not spend its entire life on them (or at least I should hole they dont) I doubt its particularly important to do so if the other is still present and firmly fixed.

Slo

I was going to ask about this too as mine are missing all together do they just screw on?

john-melbourne

from what i believe, there is a cup which bolts on, then the rubber part fits into the cup.

farmer

They come with a metal cup that bolts onto the car and you push the rubber into the cup once cup is in position and bolt tightned up.

Part number 5166 28.

Showing as sold, but may be back ordered so check.

£14.65 each.

Edited by farmer

Slo

Christ another £30 the cups are still there but I think i'll give the rubbers a miss it's starting to get into serious figures now, cheers guys

farmer

It's only really an issue if you have the beam lowered.

But be carefull none the less.

Slo i have spent around 5 grand now.

You should see my loft it's full of NFP parts that are proberly worth over a grand easy.

Edited by farmer
  • Like 1

Tom Fenton

Christ another £30 the cups are still there but I think i'll give the rubbers a miss it's starting to get into serious figures now, cheers guys

Missing bump stop is an MOT fail, if the tester is sharp enough to notice.

• Like 1

Slo

I thought it might be but it came with a full mot on it and my mot'r never spotted it or at least never said anything :wacko: but i'll bear that in mind

Farmer your the man ( cheers for the add btw ;)) have quite a loft full myself now with stupid impulse buying including my complete phase 1 interior hehe

I'm about 3 grand in now including a complete rattle can respray which is a thousand times better job than you'll probably imagine it to be - got skills

farmer

My moto these day's if you can squeeze the funds for parts's when they are sold get them or be disappointed in a few years when you look for them again and there NFP.

I thought it might be but it came with a full mot on it and my mot'r never spotted it or at least never said anything :wacko: but i'll bear that in mind

Farmer your the man ( cheers for the add btw ;)) have quite a loft full myself now with stupid impulse buying including my complete phase 1 interior hehe

I'm about 3 grand in now including a complete rattle can respray which is a thousand times better job than you'll probably imagine it to be - got skills

I hate painting come paint my new slam panel please ^_^

Slo

Love painting but only cars absolutely hate decorating, surely a slam panel you can just take it off quick wash dry prime paint then bolt it back on shut bonnet forget about it?

oh and yes i always buy when available i've been stockpiling new parts for over a year now

Edited by Slo

farmer

Love painting but only cars absolutely hate decorating, surely a slam panel you can just take it off quick wash dry prime paint then bolt it back on shut bonnet forget about it?

Yeah was just being lazy as like i said i don't like painting. Bores the life out of me.

scottbarton

Did this job myself a little while ago as mine was missing completely.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=147589

Hardest part was getting the rubber part to seat into the cup after bolting it on. Found a generous amount of washing up liquid and prising it in gradually was the key.

One thing I did notice before I fitted my replacement was when two adults in the back, and hitting a dip in the road, the tyre would just touch the inside of the wheel arch (I am slightly lowered however).

Simes

As above except mine wasn't lowered back then; with adults in the rear, used to catch the rear valence.

pug_ham

Hardest part was getting the rubber part to seat into the cup after bolting it on. Found a generous amount of washing up liquid and prising it in gradually was the key.

A jubilee clip around the rubber can help squash it down so it fits into the cup easier.

g

• Like 1