• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Zacky-94

Road Rallies B4's?

Zacky-94

Im looking into getting into road rallying for abit of fun , im buying a 205 rallye off a friend of mine witch has a saftey devices cage fitted along with bucket seats and a few other bits witch i thought would be a good base to start with

Was just after peoples thoughts on suspension , it has billie b6's on the rear witch i know will be up to it but has b4's on the front would they be any good for a cuple of rallies till i could upgrade to b6's?

Any advice at all would be apreciated cheers

c_robinson

my advise would be to just bite the bullet and get some propper gpN inserts

Tom Fenton

I don't think the B4's would be much good on full national B events, often there is up to 10 miles of "whites" which I don't think b4's would cope too well with. However if you are new to it then you'll want to do some 12 cars first to get the hang of things, often there is little or no white mileage, so you may well be OK on the B4's whilst learning the ropes on the 12 cars.

• Like 1

Zacky-94

Yeah i didnt think they would be much good compared to the group N's on the rear , will get them changed asap , i will be starting out in a 12 car to get a feel for it all and see how it goes looks like good fun from what ive seen ,

Cheers for your advice!

Tom Fenton

If you are new to it, worry more about getting your navigator up to speed first before you worry about the car.

Zacky-94

Ok cheers buddy apreciate it

Tom Fenton

Its great fun, once you get the hang of it you'll be hooked, but the navigation really is the difference between doing OK or doing rubbish.

Rules are quite strict especially on noise, you'll need to make sure the car is reasonably quiet, there are also rules about size of spotlights etc. If you haven't yet, join a local MSA club that run road events and get yourself down, most clubs are happy to welcome newcomers and give advice etc.

Zacky-94

Yeah a friend of mine does it , he has a good nav just came second in his class and 5th overall on an event last sunday it was his first time in semi expert , doing really well to be fair to him

Im not planing on be competitive just to get the hang of it and sort the nav out as he has never done an event before hes good at reading maps and grid refrences due to being in the army many moons ago we will see how it goes oviously its abit diffrent to that sort of thing but a basic understanding helps i supose lol , i will be joining a club very soon probs straight after i get ther car

Tom Fenton

Your man knowing his way round an OS map is a definite good starting point, my advice would be, do a 12 car or two just to get the hang of the navigation, once your man has got that straight, then start to worry about the timing, this is just as important as the navigation.

Zacky-94

Yeah thats the plan mate! Thanks for all youre advice great help ,

hopefuly it goes well! Will be starting a thread on the car when i get it home