• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Smithster92

Cutting Out Rear Arches

Smithster92

I want to cut my rear arches out to fit the speedlines in on a lowers back axel does anybody know where to start or have a how to guide, tryed searching this but im on the mobile site so its pretty poo haha cheers james

Smithster92

Bump, anyone?

johnnyboy666

I've done it. You'll need an angle grinder, some descent tin snips, and a massive set of balls.

Its nearly impossible to get both sides to match.

watch out for the wires that run between the two layers of the arch.

Youve got to find a way of filling the gap thats left between the two layers. Personally, theres still a small gap in mine, so you can see the rear tyres from inside the boot. Occasionally, the odd stone will flick up into the boot!

Dont do it unless you're 100% sure about it, cos there no going back!! I've done mine because its a 5door and nobody gives a sh*t about 5 doors! Dont do it to a mint 3dr shell!

Oh yes and watch out for angle grinder sparks right next to the petrol filler pipe in the driver side arch! I dipped a towel in a bucket of water and wrapped it round that area whilst grinding.

Its a good idea to remove ALL of the rear interior as well, so you dont cut/melt/ruin anything on the other side