• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dobby909

307 Brake Conversion Problems

dobby909

Basically im trying to fit 307 2.0 hdi disks and callipers onto my 1.6gti

the passanger side went on fine however the offset is different on the drivers side and pysicall wont go on! the disk will go on but sits about 3mm too far out for the calliper to bolt on round the back of the calliper carrier :( are there different hubs throughout the 205's life span and some have a midly different offset to others?!

Anthony

They won't fit onto 1.6 GTi hubs as the offset is wrong as you've discovered.

Fit a pair of base model hubs, as these will fit your current driveshafts and are the correct offset for the brakes

(1.9 GTi hubs are also the correct offset, but your existing driveshafts won't fit)

• Like 1

dobby909

ok, i suppose now it gets confusing as its got a 306 gti6 engine in and i have no idea what shafts are on :( or will some base model hubs fit anyway? there is a 205 at a local scrap yard so if it will ill get the hub off that, get a new bearing and be sorted :D

Miles

Sounds odd to have 2 different hub's on anyway which will make the car handle oddly to say the least and you should notice quite a offset difference on the wheel/tyre

The engine has nothing to do with the shafts, done many with 1.6 shafts with no issue's at all, well I'd say I've had more issues with recon 1.9 shafts these days

dobby909

Ok I got a hub which the brake fits on, shame I can't get the hub not off! But oh we'll that's a job for another day.

So if I wanted replacement shafts 1.6 ones would do?! As its got an intermediate bearing...

dobby909

right, everything is on...only issue now is excessive brake pedal travel :( air in the system or something a bit more serious?

j_turnell

If your running the standard MC then the pedal will be longer but should still be fine, try bleeding it through again and put a few miles on them and see how it feels. Personally i prefer the longer pedal, better for heel and toe.

dcc

sounds like air tbh. I had a set fitted to my 205 a few years ago with standard mc, and the pedal was fine.