• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Slo

1.6 Cti Braided Brake Hoses

Slo

I've bought some braided brake hoses and they came today but until I get the chance to fit them I can't be sure that they will all fit.

The rear one's are not the same can anyone confirm if i've been sent the right hoses please?

Cheers

IMG_20130301_194745_zpsc8081f2c.jpg

Miles

Not from Swampy are they? GTi and CTi pipes are quite different at the front

welshpug

They do look correct for a 1.6 GTi, the nearside rear flexi screws directly into the T-piece.

difficult to say if the front ones are correct, you'd need to measure them.

Slo

Thanks for the quick replies. Not from swampy whoever that is, it's a random ebay buy. I wouldn't normally need to ask as i'd have just looked at my oe ones but i'm in the middle of my lump conversion and the cars in bits so I can't pull it out and its one of those concrete council garages (tiny) so unless i crawl underneath I can't get to the o/s rear to check. The front ones look correct to me as i've swapped to gti suspension and had to move the brake pipe brackets on the inner wings due to the droplinks fouling them which resulted in the old perished hoses not being long enough. Having said that it is still oe 1.6 everywhere else with a drum beam. Will this still fit?

Edited by Slo

welshpug

swampy sells on ebay as well as any forum he is not banned from yet :lol:

if you ordered it as a gti kit and you have changed the front to gti spec you should be fine.

Edited by welshpug

Slo

Sweet ebay auction here and you can clearly see in the picture that the rears are both the same. Apart from the odd rears another thing that's hit me in the face is the gti struts have a mount that the oe pipes sit in with the rubber ring round them but these pipes don't have them can I just bodge them with any old rubber ring that's same size? Don't want to get odd looks from my mot guy next time.

Edited by Slo

welshpug

yeah, that's swampy :lol:

when you remove the old rubber pipes just cut the rubber bit off and stick it into the place on the strut, cable tie the hose so it doesn't flap about.

Slo

Don't have them i've got cti setup (had) which doesn't have the strut mount lol what's the crack with swampy then? Ripoff merchant? or crap goods?

Slo

Ok not saying has got me a bit worried now, on having a look around I get the gist that swampys pipes generally arent long enough am I warm?

By the way these are my ebay messages with the seller....

Hi the hoses came today and I think you have sent me a wrong rear hose.

Hi
The kit is correct they do have two different rear hoses

Ahh right I can't get to the back of my car at the moment to check, I was
just going off the library picture showing the rears being the same is all.

Thanks they look pretty decent how long do they last till the ends rust?

By the way is this swampy?

Catches alot of people out and even for Peugeot it's an odd thing to do

No reply to the last part lol

Miles

You should find a post in Bluebolts (I think it is) project about the same thing, I took a picture of std pipes and these and surprise give or take a couple of mm they are the same, Same on the 306 where they are too long but do not say I said anything or he'll have a ....

They will go rusty after a time, the in the general market place there is a requirement for them to meet before this happens thou, but no better or worse than any other Zinc plated item, I would use some brake grease on all threads as you'll be surprised how many can get stuck in and without allot of heat can snap off when removing years down the line

Slo

I saw the very thread and pictures searching for clues, thanks for the tip on grease i'll certainly do that. I have 1.6 brakes (at the moment) and ordered the 1.6 set which it said they were longer for big brake upgrades and putting them next to my old hoses they are a good 3 inch longer which is a good job as I have moved my hose mounts so they don't foul the droplinks. If I do a brake upgrade i'll rearrange the hose mounts to suit. As for the rust thing i'll probably stone chip the ends to give em a chance, i'm not too fussed about appearance as long as they last and work :) Cheers Miles and no I won't mention it

BlueBolt

You should find a post in Bluebolts (I think it is) project about the same thing, I took a picture of std pipes and these and surprise give or take a couple of mm they are the same, Same on the 306 where they are too long but do not say I said anything or he'll have a ....

They will go rusty after a time, the in the general market place there is a requirement for them to meet before this happens thou, but no better or worse than any other Zinc plated item, I would use some brake grease on all threads as you'll be surprised how many can get stuck in and without allot of heat can snap off when removing years down the line

This is correct, it's in my build thread. They came through as "gti6 conversion pipes" but I had a few issues in the way that they were not nearly long enough. When I questioned it I was just shunned as I had already left the + feedback and only spoken about the delivery service.

They were the right length for standard gti calipers, but not what I was looking for...

If you get the chance to, go to Miles for your pipes!! You won't be disappointed!!!

Slo

What! ffs didn't even knew he sold them well that's made my sunday not oh well guess i'll have to live with em

pug_ham

I also recently saw some of these hoses which were sold for the GTI-6 brakes conversion & they were too short when tested, I sat one alongside a Goodridge standard braided hose & they were the same length so definitely not suitable for bigger brakes.

g

Miles

I say this in the least offensive way possible, I find that many companies/people sell items they have no first hand experience of and therefore only selling what they have been told it will fit, This is why I'm bringing everything I can in house this year as I don;t have time to 'fix/mod' things to get them to work. You'll be surprised how much stuff is like this