• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
arwel

Beam Tube

arwel

This is the inside of my beam tube. Both sides are like this. I guess thats beyond saving.

beam_zps9131de9f.jpg

And the arms are like this... In the bin it goes?

arm_zpsda3750a0.jpg

Edited by arwel

welshpug

shaft looks very dead, but till you scrape out the remains of the outer bearings you can't tell, but it doesn't look good.

Tom Fenton

That tube is 99% chance u/s. If you look at the thickness of the outer casing you can see it is thinner at the bottom. Trailing arm shaft also u/s but they are easy to replace in a press.

jord294

tube is definately knackered.

as the outer part of the bearing has worn away and you can see the sidewall is thinner at 6 o'clock compared to thicker part at 12 o'clock

arwel

Options then.. Source a second hand beam and hope its in a salvageable condition. Or, I know there are a few one here that sell refurb beams. Mine is fit for the bin so there is no exchange item and im over my budget for the rebuild already so who has the best prices?

cheers

Arwel

welshpug

find a beam tube from any 205, last complete base model beam cost me £30, it happened to have a pair of mint trailing arm shafts.

fit £40 of bearings from a pug dealer, swap the gt specific bits over, fit bigger torsion bars, off you go.

If you find one with worn trailing arm shafts but still a servicable tube, buy two of these kits plus a pair of "cups" (the ss top hat bit the seal sits against)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120976019232

arwel

Nice one guys. I already have the bearing kit from AB Motorsport as I was hopefull that my beam was useable as there was no camber and it was free. So replacment beam it is then and we shall get that one apart and see whats what.

Cheers

Arwel.

welshpug

I already have the bearing kit from AB Motorsport

ouch.

arwel

ouch.

Tell me about it.. the whole rebuild is one big ouch lol