• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mech205eng

M/c Ports?

mech205eng

Just about to plumb in my new brake lines, im running one pipe to the back, through a bias valve, then T'ing off before going to each rear corner. I'l be blanking off the spare m/c port.

If i'm stood at the front of my car looking into the engine bay i'm number the ports thusly;

1 2

3 4

I'm naming the front driver's side brake A, front passenger side brake B, rear brakes C, and the blank D

This is how i was going to run it

1D 2C

3A 4B

Is this the best way? I have read something previous about the reliability of the m/c and incase of a failure, which ports will fail first. Can't quite remember the details though

pug_ham

The way you intend to set your system up is the same as how it is done from the factory on the 1.6 GTI with the bias valve inplace of the line which has the rear compensator in from the factory.

If any line in the system fails you will have very limited braking because the fluid will travel through the path of least resistance surely, much the same as when you bleed a single brake line, you can push the pedal to the floor even with the rest of the system sealed?

g

randomspeedfreak

Im just about to do the same thing, has mike got it right here?

cheers,

Matt

Slo

Yes its right although you could use either of the rear ports for the back brakes, that's how my cti brake pipes are set up too, braided brake hoses make standard 1.6 gti brakes very effective as well!

• Like 1