• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shalmaneser

Rear Brake Bleed Nipple Insert

shalmaneser

I'm overhauling my rear calipers and the bleed nipples are looking a bit shonkey.

Aaaaaages ago someone (welshpug?) posted a link to a place where you could get brass inserts to replace the bleed screw if the thread was buggered, but I can't find the link!

You drilled out the original thread and screwed in a replacement brass insert with it's own bleed screw. much nicer and neater all round.

Anyone able to help?

pug_ham

I made a similar thing myself quite a few years ago to overcome a sheared bleed nipple by drilling & tapping into a bolt with an M7 thread & into the caliper body to suit the bolt thread, iirc I used a 3/8 unf bolt as I could get these free from work but in hindsight I'd use stainless if I was to do it again as the nipple stil seized into the bolt I used & sheared off.

TBH though, for the cost of a refurbished caliper, I'd just get a fresh one & fit some stainless bleed nipples instead.

g