• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Castorkid

Questions On Retrofitting Power Steering

Castorkid

I'm in the process of collecting all the bits to convert my 205gti to hydraulic PAS and thanks to MarkSorrento205 have most of the parts required :D. Mine is a phase 1.5 1.9 with a BE1 box. I have read all the threads I can find on the subject and have a couple of questions. I am planning on getting my local garage to do the work for me (one of the guys is an enthusiast).

1. Do i also need to fit the remote-mounted water-oil heat exchanger from a PAS model? Or is there a way of engineering my way around this. My local garage says not.

2. Can I fit the remote oil filter/heat exchanger to a BE1 box?

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Nick

welshpug

1, no

2, yes.

which garage do you use? my brother is in the south west area and needs a 306 DTurbo MOTing.

Edited by welshpug

Castorkid

1, no

2, yes.

which garage do you use? my brother is in the south west area and needs a 306 DTurbo MOTing.

Thanks for the reply. Is your brother in the South West or North West?

welshpug

I believe he's in the chorlton-cum-hardy or stretford area :)

the only thing I am unsure of with retrofitting pas to a 1.9 is whether the oil cooler pipework gets in the way at all.

Edited by welshpug

Castorkid

Garage wise, I use Wilmslow Tyre and Exhaust 01625 523669 (about 11 miles from Chorlton)

As for the oil cooler pipe - yes I've read this will be an issue unless I convert to the later remote type. I have posted in the wanted section.