• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
enduro

Best Cold Bite Brake Pads

enduro

hi, looking for advice on disc pads with the priority being cold bite. going to give hillclimbs / sprints so brake fade not going to be a problem. any positive recomendations welcome from experience, perhaps even from posters who have competed in the same. thanks in advance.

brumster

Performance Friction 07 compound maybe? I use 01 myself, very happy with it in rallying circumstances, but sounds like you'd be even better with the 07...

Batfink

You need sintered metal brake discs. I sell CL Brakes stuff and its rather good. Its a stable friction co-efficient hot or cold

• Like 1

DanteICE

You need sintered metal brake discs. I sell CL Brakes stuff and its rather good. Its a stable friction co-efficient hot or cold

You mean sintered metal brake PADS? And yes, I bought CL pads of you and they are very good cold....and unbelievable when hot.

I was worried about squealing, but nothing at all. So I'm very happy indeed. Only downside is that you need to drill out the old springs off the original pads and rivet them onto the CL pads. Other than that, I can certainly recommend for performance. But I can't give advice on durability as I've only had them on for a few hundred miles, but from what I've read the discs wear quick (but you can go as cheap as you want with these really), but the pads will go on for ages.

Hopefully Batfink can provide more info with his experience.

Geoff

Batfink

Opps. I meant pads. Rc6 pads are a high friction Co-efficient and a high iron content so when cold have a high wear rate. This makes them unsuitable for road but the demands of track heat them nicely so the harder you use them the less they chew discs (to a degree)

The rc5 is better for driving to the circuit with. CL brakes one with a smaller pad backing plate to allow the metal to expand when hot without distorting the brake surface. This means they can rattle when cold depending on the calliper. Most people use some anti rattle paste to reduce this rather than rivet an old spring on. It's a race pad after all. Also as they are metallic compound you need to wash the dust off bodywork or it can rust

Batfink

When I say wear rate I mean disc wear. Generally the pads are very good compared to competitors

kyepan

m1144

DanteICE

I'll be honest, although I've not got the pad up to real racing heat, as I use it for road use currently and the car's new clunk has made me drive a bit more cautious, I've not noticed dust...but I am on dark grey alloys and probably wouldn't notice.