• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
farmer

What Rear Genuine Brake Hose Part Numbers To Buy ? I Have 1.6 Gti Brak

farmer

Want to know what people would buy?

As service box lists different part numbers for the rear hoses for XU9 and XU5.

All i can see is the length difference.

As the title is cut short, i have a 1.6 GTI brake line set up with a 1.9 beam.

Thanks

Edited by farmer

welshpug

as its a 1.6 braking system I would use 1.6 hoses, the passenger/left hand side hose has a male + female end, whereas the drivers side for 1.6 is the same as both sides 1.9+ base model, and are female both ends

farmer

as its a 1.6 braking system I would use 1.6 hoses, the passenger/left hand side hose has a male + female end, whereas the drivers side for 1.6 is the same as both sides 1.9+ base model, and are female both ends

Thanks will go with the 1.6 rear hoses for both ends. I see now looking at service box was just getting myself confused. Thanks for clarifying that.

pug_ham

Good luck with your sources for the nearside rear hose, I struggled to find any when I needed one for my 88 1.6 GTI last year & had to piece together an M10 male/male union into a n offside hose to finish it in time for the lakes trip.

I have several numbers for them now if you get stuck, Bendix, motaquip & QH but they are difficult to locate.

IIRC there is a motaquip one on ebay, at least that's where I got mine from.

g

farmer

Good luck with your sources for the nearside rear hose, I struggled to find any when I needed one for my 88 1.6 GTI last year & had to piece together an M10 male/male union into a n offside hose to finish it in time for the lakes trip.

Thanks Graham

But i have got a genuine Pug hose lined up at the dealership. I just wasn't sure if the hoses would fit from the 1.9 but as Welshpug rightly said i should go for the 1.6 part number for that side and should of used common sense.

Does the T piece ever fail or was that what you were meaning that was hard to source Graham??

pug_ham

Yeah, the 1.9 / base model rear flexis can only be used on the o/s due to the n/s hose having one male & one female end.

The T piece can't really fail unless you cross thread a union going into it or it gets damaged in some other way during hose or brake line removal.

I replaced the T piece with one from a local motor factors when I did the whole front to rear brake line & both flexi's, the only difference was the mounting bolt hole location was lsightly different so I had to redrill the bracket to allow it to fit.

g

farmer

Graham

Thanks will strike that of the list.