• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stevie67cars

205 Cti Subframe

stevie67cars

Hi,

I have owned a good few gti's over the years and have a 1992 j reg 1.9 cti with cat, owned it about 10 years but has been neglected and is about to be restored. Seems to me to be original and has a substantial service history, but I have one question; sorry if it's obvious- I did a quick search- is there a reason that the cti doesn't have the wishbone setup that the gti has and is there any issues that I may encounter swapping in a gti subframe with wishbones? ie- will the balljoint from the wishbones fit the hubs ok?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

pug_ham

I think its because originally the CTI is based on the cj / base model shell.

The GTI subframe will fit directly across & wishbones will fit the hubs you have now the same but the chassis leg mount differs between the two iirc, you will most likely have a rubber bush bolted to the chassis leg where the GTI has a captive nut & bolts in direct contact with the chassis leg.

Your rear beam won't be GTI spec either afaik.

g

Miles

All swaps over but you will need

1. Dampers (GTi spec)

2. Drop links

3. ARB (Front)

4. ARB Brackets and bush's

5. Wishbones

6. Brake Flexi hose's

The Brake pipe fixing on the shell may need adjusting, some do some don't.

Slo

I'm just about to do this mod too while im doing my engine conversion, its the right time to do it because of the limited space where the exhaust is so while ive got the subfrme off itll be a bit easier. How do the brake lines differ if i'm keeping the same hubs? I thought i'd already got everything to complete this.

pug_ham

How do the brake lines differ if i'm keeping the same hubs?

The inner wing bracket is sometimes in the way of the drop link attachment on the strut body & fouls it.

g

Slo

Ahh I see, im one of the suckers that got palmed off on ebay with some 106 droplinks that has the m12 90 degrees balljoint. Do you know if these are the same length as proper 205 ones? It will be a lot simpler to drill a hole out than buying more links to find out theyre wrong again.

Cheers G