• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Simon a

Power Steering Pipe And Bottle Mountings

Simon a

Looking for some help mounting the metal pipe which runs in front of the engine block, I can get it routed but looking at servicebox it only shows one clip which is somewhere near the gearbox?

Then as it goes over the gearbox does it go under the SAD, or to the nearside of the earth mount?

I'm also having trouble finding how to mount the bottle, all I've got is a bracket off the bottom of it.

Servicebox shows this on my 89 car but if I go to the 91 onwards it shows the bracket which clamps round the top and onto the front slam panel.

The only pics I can find are the ones with the bottle on the slam panel, is that the only place Peugeot fitted them?

Thanks

Simon

Slo

Sounds like you've got saxo setup i've got the same as you, pipe goes flush with the block under the inlet under the thermostat block round the head then to rubber down the back of the rack back to steel along the rack and into the pinion whatever its called. My bottle sits next to the battery not bolted to anything though the pipe hold it nicely and I got an advisory on it at mot time

Simon a

As far as I'm aware the parts were from a 205, need this to be right as it's a restoration. Ive seen only one photo with the bottle next to the battery and that had a k&n fitted so assumed that was why it was there.

pug_ham

As far as I'm aware the parts were from a 205, need this to be right as it's a restoration. Ive seen only one photo with the bottle next to the battery and that had a k&n fitted so assumed that was why it was there.

This will have been due to there having been a K&N kit fitted.

The kit was later supplied with a relocation bracket to move the PAS reservoir away from the factory position on the slam panel.

post-71-0-59501700-1359676076.jpg

g

Simon a

Ok so there is only one original location on the slam panel, now need the bottle mount which is NFP, don't suppose anyone has got one going spare?

Simon

ORB

I may well have one. I'll look later.

pug_ham

I have one also, please start a wanted topic for this item.

g