• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Doof

Sprintline Suspension On 306

Doof

I've got some Bilstein Sprintline suspension from my 205 and I'm wondering if it'll fit a 306 GTi-6 as an upgrade?

As I'd need to keep my car standard ride height (boost pipes pass under the front crossmember) is this a good idea? These struts are probably designed for lowered cars so might not be suitable?

Any thoughts anyone? Seems a shame to sell these and effectively lose a few hundred quid when I could use them...

pug_ham

They will fit but the drop link mount on the strut body is in the wrong place afaik but you can get a round it.

You don't want to use the 205 springs though, they'll lower the car far too much but you can fit the springs on your car now without a problem.

g

Doof

Oooh, interesting. Might be nice to have these on for Croft in June. Need to see if you can get standard ride height Eibachs.

Any idea what's involved in fixing the drop link? Can't go welding new brackets onto the strut.

welshpug

If theyre proper inverted billie competition units you can unbolt the insert so heat from relocating the droplink tab will not affect the damper unit, you can even fit a coilover sleeve from the likes of rallydesign if you wanted.

pug_ham

Any idea what's involved in fixing the drop link? Can't go welding new brackets onto the strut.

Have a search for topic covering fitting 306 struts to a 205 & it'll be the opposite of that but iirc they are at the wrong angle to line up & also lower on the body so the droplink is the wrong length but ask Nick because I've an idea he used them on his 306.

g

S@m

I used 205 lowering springs on my 306 for a while - and i would very much recommend not doing so! I only did it because i had a spring snap and i needed the car for work the next day and i had some 205 springs lying around. They fit but it was ridiculously low and that was with an alloy block mi16, with the gti6 lump it would likely be a bit worse. I didnt use the 205 dampers though so can't comment on that.

Sam