• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stumpyjag

Cti Window Scraper/seal Short?

stumpyjag

Hi, Just sorted my windows on new Cti so they now go up and down square and the doors close properly. Next problem is the scraper/seal at the bottom of both windows is about 1" to short. I know door and rear window seals shrink but I didnt think these did because they are much heavier duty, they certainly haven't on my Gti. Do they shrink and has anyone found a way of doing anything about this? Thanks.

farmer

shrink badly new is only way forward and for the CTI only one side is still avliable form Pug last time i looked wasnt cheap either and back ordered

gavbrum

As above. Difficult to get hold of in good 2nd hand condition.

But this might work.

Soak in boiling water for 20 mins, stretch out in a vice at regular intervals along the scraper, tiger seal the inside of the scraper and hold in place on the car with new retaining clips (still available from pug). Worked on mine, apart from getting tiger seal everywhere.

Horrible stuff! Wear gloves and go easy.

stumpyjag

Thanks guys, I feared that might be the case.

I dont suppose anyone has a pair spare???

Please!!!

farmer

ask about but all are the same or near the same good luck

Slo

I've cut the same amount of shrinkage from another old scraper dropped it into place and filled in the cracks with tiger seal, then when set trimmed the excess down with a craft knife to make it nice and neat. Not the best visual enhancement especially on a car that looks superb but far better than having gaps or buckled scrapers and ultimately no water can get in :/

farmer

anybody tried the holts rubber/nylon lubricant over a long term period and does it work?