• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DanRM

Genuine Suspension Part Numbers?

DanRM

I'm popping into my local dealer tomorrow to pick up some parts for my 1.6 gti and I wanted to get a price check/availability on some rear dampers and front struts. (planning on replacing the lot as they're still the originals on there)

As the guy in there isn't the most helpful, I've always taken in part numbers and cross referenced them with what he comes up with. Problem is that I'm getting a little confused from the service box diagrams and numbers, as to what pieces I need to get to replace the front and rear.

Could anyone help me out?

Cheers

Tom Fenton

Front struts were absurdly priced new gen last time I checked, a good quality alternative is the Bilstein B4 front dampers at around 140 groats the pair.

Rear dampers you want 2 off 5206TE which are 306GTI6 spec rear dampers, and can be had brand new genuine for around 100 groats the pair.

• Like 1

DanRM

Ahh cheers for that, will look into those bilsteins and see if the dealer can get any of the rear dampers for me

jord294

£112.30 for a pair of rear shocks from main dealer inclusive of vat.

Ask nice, you may get some discount

Miles

Ask him to get them on a Stock order as these will cost them less so should pass something onto you, VOR (Overnight) you get nothing off

farmer

Ask him to get them on a Stock order as these will cost them less so should pass something onto you, VOR (Overnight) you get nothing off

VOR should give you 12.5 % off thats what i get anyway

15 % stock order

on most items

Edited by farmer

S@m

Shocks are not effected by VOR or stock, costs the dealer the same either way, its odd but certain items are like that. He can give 20% on either - but probably won't.

Oh, and in response to your original question the part numbers for the fronts are 5202N1 and 5202N2 for the left and right respectively, but as said the Billie B4's are far far cheaper and likely better.

Sam

Edited by Sam306

DanRM

Thanks for the replies lads, I'm going to start putting some money aside to get them done, I reckon I'll have a look into the rear beam at the same time as I have no history on it

farmer

Thanks for the replies lads, I'm going to start putting some money aside to get them done, I reckon I'll have a look into the rear beam at the same time as I have no history on it

Call Robins and Day they will offer the best discounts on the parts.

Well for me they do.

welshpug
farmer
leemundo

What would be the best rear dampers to be replaced on a rallye?