• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NFS

How To Remove The Aerial?

NFS

I have tried to remove the airal from my 205 however I cannot set a way to do this. Is the a guide? Cheers

jamie_1992

i have not done a 205 but would think you remove the interior light and undo the bolt that holds it on from the inside

asuming its like a 306

NFS

humm i couldnt see a bolt thats why im not sure. the reading panel is off and i can see the underneath of the ariel just dont know how it comes off without breaking it.

j_turnell

Been a while since I've done this, but iirc there's a metal cap over the bottom of the aerial which you can gently lever off then an 7-8 mm nut securing the aerial in place, just unhook the aerial lead off the stud and pull it out.

Edited by j_turnell

NFS

Cheers will give it ago

PeterGriffin

Consider a wee bit of silicone as you put it back on, those seals don't like to be messed with too much

assuming it's going back on of course... :)

Henry Yorke

James is right about the metal cover over the bolt. this usually is a water trap and results in the nut and bolt rusting and it often sheers when you try and undo it. New bases are very cheap from Peugeot. Make sure it doesn't spin when trying to take it off and ruin the paint.

NFS

Okay cool do you know the part numbers for the Ariel base? Cueers

Simes

Ask for an aerial base or look i up on Service box.

From memory it's about £11.

farmer

dont need silicon it will seal if you get it tight enough

NFS

Thanks guys, i plan on putting alittle smidge of sealent on most of the parts that are sealing something when i put it back together as the last thing i want is to have to take things apart again.

NFS

service box says reference is 0000971614 and price is 8.14 GBP

Anton green

I bought Peugeot part number 6561.10 for 3.28 GBP +vat iirc

NFS

and is that the base of the aerial

Anton green

This is going back years, but I ordered two of that part number and received 2x aerial bases, yes. I checked through some of my parts info when I saw the price you posted up there^ and thought it was a little steep.

You may wish to double check with the Peugeot parts guy when you order as I couldn't say if things are prone to change or not, but I believe that number will get you a smart aerial base:)

rjw205

I seem to recall ages ago on here being advised putting some lithium grease (what you lubricate bicycle headsets with) inside the aerial mounting cap and then fixing back together. This will act as a rust inhibitor for the aerial bits and keep the water out... but you want to tighten the thing quite well taking care etc.

Whilst writing this is does sound a little at odds with sense, but I did this on the sorrento 205 in my avatar and everything was fine.

Richard.