• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Robbiedundy

Putting Headrests In The Rear Seats!

Robbiedundy

Hey, I've been slowly making my way through tonnes of project threads and came across one where someone has stuck headrests in the rear seats, although I can't find it again.

I seem to remember the guy said there was already a frame inside for the headrests to be put in? Or I may just be talking sh*te :P. I quite fancy sticking some into mine, but I have a base model, which has different styled seats to the GTi (I think), I'm just wondering if it will still be possible?

Any help is much appreciated :)

engine killer

One of the best interior mod I have ;)

although my rear seats havn't been used for quite some years already

Edited by engine killer

cRaig

Thats how I did my rear headrests, but with hindsight, I wish I had gone to a scrappy and robbed a couple of the tubes from a pair of front seats and welded them in, so that the headrest would ratchet like the fronts. Minor thing, but would mean they are held in a little bit more securely.

Ryan

You also can't fold the rear seats flat with the headrests fitted, so being able to remove them easily is quite handy.

Robbiedundy

Thanks guys! :)