• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
madmover

Rewiring The Heater - Help?

madmover

Afternoon,

First real post on the forum and I have a question regarding the heater.

Has anyone managed to wire it so that the heater works on a simple toggle switch and is simply on at full speed (at its hottest setting) or off? I would like to remove the heater control unit which is fitted as standard as I'm building a whole new dash which doesn't really allow for a heater control unit to sit in the middle.

Not fussed about having cold air or being able to change settings. Just want it to be on or off and for it to be at it's maximum setting.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Anthony

Would be quite easy to do.

Fused 12v supply, a suitable toggle switch, and wired straight to the motor on the positive side, and earth the negative.

Robbiedundy

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, I'm having problems adjusting the speed of my fan so I was thinking about just wiring a switch into the glovebox which I can just turn on as I need it, but I've never done anything with wiring before and I'm not sure what switch I'd need? like, size of fuse etc. If you could help that'd be great!

farmer

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, I'm having problems adjusting the speed of my fan so I was thinking about just wiring a switch into the glovebox which I can just turn on as I need it, but I've never done anything with wiring before and I'm not sure what switch I'd need? like, size of fuse etc. If you could help that'd be great!

That sounds like a resistor fault

madmover

I'm just trying to figure out the best way of ditching the unit. I'm going to have to play with some switches I think as I just want it on a toggle switch so it's on or off. I'm struggling to understand how it should be wired but after reading the wiring diagram I found online I have a few ideas. Thanks for the suggestion anyhow.