• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ginge191

What Is Going On; Droplinks..

ginge191

So the little NAD went through the MOT, failed on no droplinks, loose brake pipes and rear wheelbearing - fine, get that all fixed up..

What an absoloute joke - went to ECP tooday, got a rear wheel bearing kit, £30 - happy, asked about a droplink, i took my "good one" with me to compare, the server was an absoloute moron as to be expected; quite angry that i knew what i was talking about i suppose - he showed me the "ONLY" droplink made for the 205 under the spec they have, and guess what, the wrong size again... I need a set by Friday - this situation is almost laughable now!

/facedesk.

Tom Fenton

I don't know why everyone is having such problems, my motor factor keep a pair on stock for me as I buy them quite regularly.

My advice would be, don't bother with ebay, don't bother with ECP or GSF, find a decent local motor factor who supply local garages and use them, garages won't put up with being pissed about with wrong parts and neither will I, hence using a proper factor.

Anthony

As I said earlier - Motaquip. Part number is VSL645 and it has "10mm thread" explicitly stated in the notes section.

The ECP catalogue is unfortunately littered with errors, and this sounds like another example.

ginge191

I don't know why everyone is having such problems, my motor factor keep a pair on stock for me as I buy them quite regularly.

My advice would be, don't bother with ebay, don't bother with ECP or GSF, find a decent local motor factor who supply local garages and use them, garages won't put up with being pissed about with wrong parts and neither will I, hence using a proper factor.

Unfortunately i've only just moved to this area so havn't had the opportunity to build the rapport with any local factors; thus using the 'big names' - the ebay jobbies were merely to get it through the MOT.

welshpug

pretty sure I have mentioned this before, FAI ones from stock for not a lot at my local factore correct spec etc.

ginge191

I've managed to source one from a dealer in chichester now; he owns a 205 and measured it all hope - THIS should be correct and will keep this dealer on speed dial from now on