• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ginge191

What Is Going On; Droplinks..

ginge191

So i ordered a set of droplinks on ebay, cheapies to get the MOT sorted.

I swapped over the NAD suspension for an entire GTi setup, fine. Go to fit the droplinks and i've been given a one which fits, and the other with a wider thread (so wont fit into either the ARB or the strut)

So i message the seller - he's confused, refunds me the money and i have a pair of odd droplinks.

So, order another set online, again, the threads are too wide (compared to the droplink which fitted from the last odd set)...

Now am i being mad stupid here, or just plain unlucky???

First 205 - 4th peugeot owned, worked on hundreds - changed endless amount of droplinks

Tom Fenton

Your thread title was inappropriate. I have altered it. Do not post threads like this again.

Tom Fenton

"Facepalm" my foot. Post proper titles or don't post at all.

• Like 3

Anthony

You're being supplied with 106 (IIRC) droplinks rather than 205 ones - they're very similar, except the 106 uses M12 threads and the 205 uses M10.

• Like 1

ginge191

You're being supplied with 106 (IIRC) droplinks rather than 205 ones - they're very similar, except the 106 uses M12 threads and the 205 uses M10.

How strange; can you suggest any sure place to order a set from? i don't fancy this hassle for a third time

Adrian247

The thread should be an M10 (17mm Spanner size on bothe ends).

Anthony

Just buy them somewhere local so that you can check them before paying. Just bring the "good" droplink or an M10 nut with you.

I personally buy from Motaquip as then at least you tend to get something half-decent, which is more than can be said for much of the eBay rubbish.

ECP can/could supply good quality Lemfroder (sp?) items, but I've heard of them supplying 106 items as well, hence I would only buy if there's a local branch.

Adrian247

Most good car factors will sell them, get mine from the local factors with no problems.

farmer

phone parts north west (robins and days) order the motaquip droplinks anything else you will be back in a year replacing as thats what happened to me

Edited by farmer

GLPoomobile

"Facepalm" my foot. Post proper titles or don't post at all.

Now I really want to know what the original title was :blush:

• Like 4

Sinbad

so do i haha

ginge191

Lol It was not that bad; if you're desperate and loosing sleep over it, pm me, I'd hate to annoy the Admins any more

Tom Fenton

Carry on with the attitude and back chat and I'll happily give you a months break from the forum.

• Like 2

Carbs4me

I replaced my dropped links from a local place called "Wheels automotive supplys" the first time they had sent me the 106 replacements which i had the same problem as you... 6months down the line i checked the drop links as the front end started to feel weird to find that the bushes had totally gone less than 2000miles with them aswell!

I think in the future i will be replacing them with the genuine parts from pug that if they still do them

welshpug

My local motorfactor had FAI in stock, 11.5k miles on they're still fine.

jr83

Partsforallcars.com stock motaquip droplinks at £10.99 each

farmer

gen pug items are £80 each lol !!

Adrian247

gen pug items are £80 each lol !!

:wacko::blink:

Adrian247

£84.60 to be correct mental

Thats an incredible price for something so basic.

farmer

yeah big money i think my local dealer has found some or think he has an old stock set in his loft if he does and anybody wants them put an ad in WANTED section as per forum rules and will give them to the person for what i get them for bearing in mind if he wants let them go cheap

Rock Lobster

Same has just happenend to me!

They fit the ARB but not the strut? I think this is what you get by being cheap!

AlexRS2782

Wow that Pug price is has gone up somewhat. How long has it been £80 odd each side?

My local dealer found me a pair of Pug ones about 6 weeks ago and they only charged me £45 for the pair. Glad i bought them now based on the new price.

farmer

maybe thats a pair of old stock items pug have a 3 tier stock system

1 - current (full price)

2 - Scrap minus 50% of retail

3 - Obsolete minus 80% of retail

Edited by farmer