• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lolsteve

Gti Body On Non Gti Model

lolsteve

Hi there,

Looking to sell up the 306 and go to the older brother soon however Im a diesel man and I've found a good looking 3dr near me however it being the non gti it doesnt have the body trims, which kinda makes the car so good looking

Im just wondering if it's the same principle of just sticking the gti trim on as you would with the saxo or is the body panels different/rolled etc so I don't buy it and find it'll take some work to get right

Henry Yorke

They don't just go straight on. The GTI front and rear arch are different profiles. There was a kit that was historically available for a non GTI but that is pretty scarce now. Your best option is 205 Rallye style arches

vtifan

They don't just go straight on. The GTI front and rear arch are different profiles. There was a kit that was historically available for a non GTI but that is pretty scarce now. Your best option is 205 Rallye style arches

and the rear arch is double skinned on a base mobel which makes bigger wheels harder to fit,it is do-able though

• Like 1

lolsteve

Not too big a fan of the rallye ones, it's gti or nothing :P

So to solve the profile problem would have to cut back the arches?

In terms of wheels I'd be sticking with speedlines or possibly banded steel route so shouldnt have trouble with them right?

Karl

Not too big a fan of the rallye ones, it's gti or nothing :P

So to solve the profile problem would have to cut back the arches?

In terms of wheels I'd be sticking with speedlines or possibly banded steel route so shouldnt have trouble with them right?

yes i believe that is correct

Henry Yorke

No it is not quite correct.

14" Speedlines will be fine. 15" ones will catch on the rear arch and bumper, before you have even thought of lowering it.

Cutting back the rear arch is a little more complicated as you will need to fill in the gap as it is double skinned.

This is a GTI arch:

P1010197.jpg

• Like 1

Karl

i stand corrected :) by a reputible member i might add :D

lolsteve

Ah so quite the cut back.

Thank you for the help guys, need to bring myself round to getting buying one now

Karl

no worries alot of people on here are very helpful though you will come across the odd member who looks down on you and thinks your stupid ;)

minimaniacwhyard

I had this exact same problem before i joined this forum. Wish i had of joined sooner. If you put the peppet pots on they wont rub. Sit in the non get arch nicley. :)

DaveW

You may get away with the speedlines with 45's on it, if you have stiff enough rear set up.

pugdamo

You may get away with the speedlines with 45's on it, if you have stiff enough rear set up.

That is true,my old xs was lowered 40mm with 15" wheels,the only way i could stop the rubbing was 195 45 15 tyres,i was told to use falcons because the sidewalls tapered in,im guessing they probably don't make those anymore (not that im old :( ) but i guess there will be another brand that will have similar tapered sidewalls and Koni adjustables which had to be set to hardest,not the most comfortable but i was 18 at the time and it did work.

lolsteve

Well this might be put on hold since the insurance want more money for me to swap my hdi to a 1.8d , and although I love the 205 look I'm not willing to loose both boost and money for it

DaveW

Yeah tyre choice is key and a gti arb will help alot too.