• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jimmynewcj

Gti Carpet Into A Cj1400?

jimmynewcj

Will it fit ive just bought one assuming it would go in but doing a few searches and now seems they might be different, its a 1988 Phase 1.5 CJ and i believe the carpet is a red phase 2 one.

Thanks

205turbo

the cj / cti carpets are different to the gti ones

jimmynewcj

Balls... Does anyone know for definate? Just im going to rip out all the original seats/carpets tomorrow for the new one i just bought. :mellow:

205turbo

this is a cti one out of a car (just nicked from a different thread )017.jpg

jimmynewcj

Yeah i did see that on another thread but think its a PH1 iirc, The one ive bought doesnt seem a mile off that from pics but in the flesh it may well be, i guess theres only one way to find out!! Found a thread saying a CTI doesnt Fit in a GTI but nothing about base models i.e CJ.

205turbo

it don't matter if its a cj or cti they share the same floor plan

Tom Fenton

You will find it doesn't fit properly, due to the much larger sills on the convertibles that are required to give back the stiffness lost by having no roof/pillars etc.

205turbo

my cti belonged to a disabled guy and they used a lift that pushed on the floor, which put a hole in the carpet,

i struggled to find a good carpet so bought one from germany it was in as new condtion, but being a left hand drive had the floor protectors on the wrong side

12317_410051435907_3462344_n.jpg

thug pug

Defo different the CTI/CJ has a lot thicker sillls and front foot wells are a different shape at the sides.

Rab E.

jimmynewcj

yeah thats a fair point about the sill thickness, oh well im still going to take the carpets and seats out anyway in preparation. Guess the carpet may need to be put back on ebay!!

Any top tips on the best way to strip the carpets door cards? im guessing just seats first then carpets then door cards? Think its the Torx screwdrivers i need? Thanks