• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
omri617

Fire Extinguisher Size & Location ?

omri617

Which size of fire distinguisher you would recommend and what is the best place and nicest looking to locate it?

Thanks!

EdCherry

Why do you want one?

• Like 1

omri617

I live in a hot country :)

EdCherry

Well dont we have a bright spark...

I meant is it for regulations or by choice, what do you want to achieve from having it (surpression or extinguisher). These all affect the answer I can give you which may or may not help you come to a decision.

omri617

mmm

In my country there are no regulations about it , i just want to have a small one in my car for any case that will happen

if it's my car ,or someone on the side of the road

• Like 1

EdCherry

They dont do powder car extinguishers anymore. If you want to put a fire out you want a system that uses 3M Novec like the SPA Design Extreme Systems.

omri617

Ok , and where is the best place to fit it?

harryskid

Ok Sparco and Omp both do a hand held powder extinguisher in sizes from 2.0kg - 4.0kg. I would suggest though hand held or plumbed in AFFF (Aqueous Film Forming Foam) would be best. Again there are various sizes and more choice of makes. Hope this is of help!.

EdCherry

Where you could get at it quickly if its handheld.

Ryan

Ok Sparco and Omp both do a hand held powder extinguisher in sizes from 2.0kg - 4.0kg. I would suggest though hand held or plumbed in AFFF (Aqueous Film Forming Foam) would be best. Again there are various sizes and more choice of makes. Hope this is of help!.

Plumbed-in extinguishers are useless in a road car. They're not designed to put fires out, just keep them down for a few seconds until the track fire crew arrive.

c_robinson

having been first car on the scene of a mk1 with it's engine bay on fire I'd reccomend not to use AFFF. It took over 15 extinguishers to put the fire out after a hell of a lot of damage was done.

It may be illegal to discharge one but get a HALON extinguisher, it's the only way to effectively put a car fire out without spending megga £££'s.

http://proviationshop.co.uk/shop/catalog/details?shop_param=

EdCherry

A Novec SPA Design system will put fires out! I've done tests in person with them and they are a bloody good piece of kit.