• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Carbs4me

Ph2 Xsara Rack - Removal Of Arms

Carbs4me

Hello,

Ive been struggling to separate the arms off the ph2 rack i have.

Ive pulled the boots back, but cannot for the life of me figure out how they come off.

My mate said they might spin off with a pair of mole grips, but my moles grips are knackerd and wont clamp it... how do i tackle it?

welshpug

Stilsons :D

Just did this last weekend, bought a pair of 205 track rods as it was not possible to cut them down due to the position of the spanner flats restricting how deep the TRE's could be wound in by.

The rods are only 15mm shorter but have a lot more end screwed into them it seems.

Edited by welshpug

Carbs4me

Am i right thinking that you just spin off the metal cap that keeps the ball joint of the arm in place?

I think i have something quite similar to them Stilsons.......somewhere <_<

Edited by Carbs4me

marksorrento205

As wp said. Got a good set here that do the job ;) Bring the rack to me and I will get them off if you are stuck. They will be off in minutes!

Tom Fenton

Something like this is what is required, and a decent vise to hold the rack in while you undo them.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/500553

Or otherwise take Marks kind offer up, but you also will need the stilsons to tighten the new ones in place.

marksorrento205

If you are fitting it to a 205 then the track rods are to long. You can either cut them down, but make sure they are square - however chances are they will be well worn.

Or

The correct way imo, swap the arms for new 205 ones so they are the correct length and nice and fresh too. Daft not to whilst it is off the car as it is such an easy job :)

Tom Fenton

To add to what Mark says, they are also quite cheap.

CosKev

;) Bring the rack to me and I will get them off if you are stuck,aslong as sorrentopete and myself can spit roast you? your pants will be off in minutes!

Keep it to PM's please Jesus!:)

marksorrento205

Keep it to PM's please Jesus! :)

:lol:

Evening Kev ;)