• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dave205

Lower Arm Bushes

dave205

Does anyone pn here run nylon lower arm bushes? If so how hard are they and what are the handling characteristics like?

nixonmi16

I tryed the cheep ones of ebay far to soft lasted a week and drove badly. gone back to oe cant fault them just make sure they have the small steel ring bonded between the outer and inner

dave205

I also tried some of those and they didnt last a week! Most people use o'e. by the seems of it, where is the best place to buy them?

They reason i say about using nylon and making some bushes is it would be a reasonably easy thing to do and would remove play from the fromt end.

nixonmi16

I got one side from pug themselfs and if i can remember the other side 1 think were firstline or qh ive done 25k and still no movement on them

dave205

25k is allot of miles to be fair. I have new motaquip arms will the bushes in them last well or not?

Is there any gain with regards to handling/stiffness by running nylon bushes? Or will it make the ride harsh and unbearable and put strain on other components?

kee

will be a lot harder than polyurethane bushes, if your bothered about harshness then go for PU instead.

where are these nylon bushes? If using nylon 66 they should last well, they will be harsh but the front end will also be a lot tighter as your suspension isn't moving on the bush as much. I'll be making some of my own for my rallye, perfect for hillclimbing since I can only use polymer materials

dave205

Pu being? I dont want them to be excessively hard for i'll occasionally use it on the road.

I was going to spin some nylon ones up on a lathe when i get chance, with stainless center inserts. I'll use nylon providing it wont strain everything else to the point i could dage something.

Purely for my own interest, why can you only use polymer bushes for hill climbing?

kee

PU = Polyurethane :)

for road modified class you can only use similar materials as used in production so only polymers. If it came with rose joints/bearings as standard then i could use them.

Get some polyurethane bushes if you dont want it too hard

dave205

I bought some poly ones of ebay last time and they failed in less than 600 miles :(

omega

thought you where going to make some? or was it to hard?

the ones off ebay where they the red ones?>

dave205

Im thinking about making some now the others have failed.

Yeah they were red ones?

Choppered

I have new motaquip arms will the bushes in them last well or not?

They should do as they are originally what peugeot used. They hould say Kleber industries on the bushes if there motaquip

c_robinson

use oe ones only, where from i don't know but mine have last 25 rallies and trackdays and taken some serious abuse and are fine.

MR 205 Andy Baker swears by oe ones and won't fit anything else to his customers cars :)

kee

I bought some poly ones of ebay last time and they failed in less than 600 miles :(

How did they fail?

Polyurethane is a very good material for bushes, much better than rubber. They should be easily able to outlast rubber bushes.

dave205

I have new standard rubber ones here so will fit them, i'll check there kleber ones first though.

The boss on the putside wore then split and disintergrated, the torque steer was indescribably bad, to the point were i kept stopping and checking i didnt have a loose wheel, collapsed bearing etc.

kee

strange, PU is very hard wearing so must have been a bad batch or something wrong.

you should have checked your tracking if you had replaced the bushes, this will cause torque steer issues.

dave205

Yeah i had it tracked after i'd fitted new bushes to be sure. It was 1 degree out. It transformed the car changing the bushes.