• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Carbs4me

Koni Springs

Carbs4me

Hello All,

Ive recently taken my strut apart and attempted to clean up my my old springs which where set in red, the springs are quite rotten beneath the paint, ive tryed painting over them in the same red but they dont look great even after a sand down.

i was thnking with my 35mm drop on the back i would be looking at 30mm drop on the front.. the Struts are koni the springs fitted are not koni either as they paint theres blue.

Here are the springs i have been looking at

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/lowering-springs/car/peugeot/205-gti/koni-lowered-sport-spring-kit-lowers-30mm

Now the low down is, do i just accept the crappy paint job im going to have on the springs or do i buy new ones seen as im rebuilding the car will all new parts apart from the drivetrain.

I think the springs i have are either Spax or Gmax

Edited by Carbs4me

GLPoomobile

Seems like a good opportunity to swap to Eibach springs. I'm not a fan of Spax and Gmax are utter crap.

allanallen

Eibach every time ;)

Carbs4me

Those ones are £103.. I suppose if peope are recommending them! i might just get the full setup!

As i currently run Koni struts and god knows what springs, with again koni rear shocks.

Carbs4me

Meh, they only do springs!

On second thoughts with the prices for the job lot! i will stick with springs!

On the other hand! can you buy the rubbers such as the ones that cover the seal? as mine is pretty much parished!

Edited by Carbs4me