• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
camgti

Bridgecraft Rear Trailing Arms

camgti

I had some arms made up by Allen at Bridgecraft a few weeks ago. And Im really impressed!

While the beam was out we rebuilt it. Found some 21.3mm Bars form a Berlingo and a 24mm arb from a '6' that was cut down. We also fitted the Neg camber arms. ( 309 Beam btw ) And slotted it back to the 5.

Just for your information. Ive stripped the car. It weights dead on 800kgs with half a tank of fuel. 8v goodness still! Has 309 front arms, koni yellow dampers and eibach springs 30mm lower.

First of all, I would like to thank Baz for supplying the arms and sending them to Allen for me. And also to Allen for the top work he has done on the arms. They look and perform great!

The rear now loads up superbly in the turns, life off oversteer is still there but is way way more planted than ever before. It almost like driving a modern car that will no slide, yet the front will still grip and when you really want to fling the back out you can. I think its much more forgiving and progressive ( as a 205 can be ) and the grip is just awesome. ( Running Michilen PS3 ) Car still crucially for me is still balanced and just as adjustable as it was before.

Ive not had it on the track yet and I believe that they will come into there own once some stickier tyres are fitted.

Cam

Vili

So these are std. 309 arms modified somehow? Would you like to give us some pictures and information what was made for them?

S@m

Off topic but What wheels are you running? - didn't know you could get Michelin PS3's in 205 sizes.

allanallen

Hi Cam, glad you're happy with them buddy :) like you say, they'll come into there own on track.

Cheers

camgti

They are actually VTS rear arms but you can have any arms modified by Allen at Bridgecraft.

They are 15 in C5 Alloys, Im in Australia so possibly the reason they are in the 205 size. Its hard to get them over here in those sizes too.

Cam

S@m

Michelin PS3's are 16 inch plus over here, thats why we all use the PE2's instead. Apologies for being no help whatsoever towards the topic though!