• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonb_5

Wheel Spacers

jonb_5

Hi

I have just bought some 13" Ford XR2i wheels for my 205 and they clear the discs etc but will just need spacing out as I had thought.

I am going to turn up a set of 4 hubcentric spacers.

The wheels probably don't need to be spaced out by 20mm, I could probably get away with a little less but I would be happier if there was a larger amount of clearance aswell as giving a slightly wider stance.

My question is, will this be safe to run with 20mm spacing?

Thanks

Jon

pug_ham

With the correct longer wheel bolts or stud conversion you should be fine, many people have done so before without issue.

g

Henry Yorke

OZ Racing allows in Peugeot fitment come with spacers as standard on some of their models to change them from Ford to Peugeot offset, so they are quite commonly available second hand. Just check the centre bore is correct as they are different between Peugeot and Ford. this can be compensated for with spigot rings.

But I do have to say it, XR2i wheels will look sh!t on a 205 if this is what you mean!!

$(KGrHqN,!oMFBlWKBW,RBQlpyq8PpQ~~60_35.J

Baz

Noo! Surely he meant XR2? 13" pepperpots.

Edited by Baz

jonb_5

Yeah it is the pepperpots I have bought, not too fussed what it looks like to be honest, you should see the rest of the car....

I will have a look for some spacers second hand on ebay.

Thanks

Jon