• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lee3022

Gti 6 Brakes On 205 Hub Fitment

Lee3022

Hi all, new member and new to 205s, not long owned a 205 gti mi16, the car came with some tarox 6 pots but they were terrible so they have gone, just want to get the car through its mot before Xmas so have some gti 6 brakes coming for the mean time, calipers, discs and pads, thing is they come with the hubs, question is should I or can I fit the hub on the 205 as a whole or shall I just stick the calipers discs and pads on the 205 hubs, also the gti 6 master cylinder is included, do people fit these, any benefit? If they fit?

Thanks in advance

stef205

If you fit gti6 hubs presuming they are the 16mm ball joint they will give positive camber. You will need 1.9 hubs if using 1.9 shafts or base model hubs if using 1.6 gti shafts hope this helps

Edit : standard 205 master cylinder is ok but the better master cylinder is the 406 non abs 4 port the gti6 is only 2 port

Edited by stef205

Lee3022

Thank you that's a great help, using 205 1.9 shafts so will just put the gti6 hubs and brake master cylinder back on eBay.