• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JeffR

Compbrake Eccentric Top Mounts

JeffR

Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I'm looking for opinions from 205 or other users for or against these? Are they a quality unit? Any issues with bearings, etc as they will be used on a track only car.

I purchased some GAZ Gold coilovers through Cybernyk's special offer for my 405 which were made with ecc mounts in mind, but GAZ didn't have enough demand to tool up for them.

I came across these-

http://www.compbrake.com/suspension-accessories/top-mounts/142-pcd-adj-top-hat-up-top-mounts-pair.html

PCD is about right for my suspension turrets, so maybe with some fettling they could be made to fit.

Thanks

brumster

I had these on my car originally and just replaced the bearings for a higher spec item, and had no issues with them.

Cameron

I had a set of these too and they were fine, if you're going to get anything from Compbreak then this is it.

JeffR

Thanks for the replies.

Brumster, what were the higher spec bearings you used & did you replace them because the ones supplied failed?

I'll be using 400lb springs for starters, maybe even higher poundage if needed.

Cheers