• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BamBamGTI

Seat Belt Bolts... What Goes Where?

BamBamGTI

I have replaced the interior sound-deadening and fitted a boot carpet but I forgot to make a note of which bolts the seat belts use and where the spacers go! They are all different sizes and I want this to go back right for obvious safety reasons...

This includes the backseat belts under the seat, and the metal mounting points where the front belts loop through the metal bar, but excludes the mounting points for the seat belt ratchets on all 4 seats as I left them fitted.

Photos of bolts

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77837349@N05/8238220370/in/photostream/lightbox/

Any help would be really appreciated! I need to get her MOT'd and back on the road!

BamBamGTI

Thanks for the pics from servicebox but I already looked at that before posting and the bolts appear slightly different to what I have. I guess it will be a trial and error process while referring to this documentation. I think I've got the main bolts done but the lap belts under the seat seem a bit short with the spacers (18mm thread length).Has anyone got any pics of the bolts and spacers under the rear seats?

BlueBolt

I don't think the rears belt clasps have spacers?? I may be wrong though... I don't remember taking any spacers out of them when I took mine out but that's not to say a previous owner hadn't taken them out and not put them back...

BamBamGTI

Considering the amount of spacers I have left I'm guessing that they must have had them. If anyone is in the process of stripping out their seats and swapping them for bucket seats or someone has 15 minutes spare to remove their lap belts and take a few pics I'd really appreciate it! Car's due for its MOT and I want to get this done and get her back on the road where she belongs ;)