• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jamie_1992

Hydraulic Hand Brake Setup

jamie_1992

i was wondering how you could set a hydraulic hand brake setup could it be set up be putting a t piece into the brake lines that go to the rear brakes allowing the rear brakes to still work the the foot brake is applied or do you have to just have the handbrake plumed into the rear brakes and sacrifice the rear brakes on the foot pedal

i have never really seen any topics of people setting these up and im just curious really

and if you were wondering where this curiosity came from view this link

ebay item number 270906517181

welshpug

with a 1.6 you'll just need to plumb the handbrake in between the brake pressure limiter in the engine bay and the rear brakes.

with a 1.9 you'll need to re-pipe the system so the rear runs a single line, through a bias valve, through the handbrake, to a tee piece and the rear brakes.

jamie_1992

sorry if this sound stupid but what dose a bias valve actucly do

welshpug

limits pressure to the rear brakes, given you'll need to remove the rear brake pressure limiters the 1.9 has near the fuel tank.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bias+valve

jamie_1992

ok think i understand now. so the rear brake line from the foot pedal mc will run through the handbrake rather than the handbrake mc having its own resoviour