• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
N3VRAM

Endurance Rally Springs?

N3VRAM

I want to compete in my first endurance rally in Feb 2013. Currently my rallye is fitted with Challenge spec Bilstens with -50mm springs (unsure of what make), and is too low at the moment! I was just wondering what springs people would recommend me to buy, whether it be through opinion or experience. If anyone could post a link that would be great! Also I have the baseline billies on the back, would you recommend I upgrade these?Thanks, matt.

Chris H

Peter lloyd rallying do a nice gravel spring which is ideal for what you want and some bilstien 1038's would be a good match for the fronts.

matt.f

I have done the full championship with my dad in his 106 rallye for the last 3 years.

Bear in mind its rough as hell and not just forest all the time,amazes me how cars make it to the finish!

1038's are valved for forest so Andy Baker told me,mine are pretty hard though imo but my car isnt enduro.

Deffinatly raise the car up and fit a VERY good sump guard(people have bent theres b4).

Weld a thick washer in the front suspension top mount cup so the insert doesnt pop through and into the bonnet

Jamies event in march will be awesome again,131 miles of selectives,now that is endurance!!!

Edited by matt.f

Graz

Is that the Xpart in Bury St Edmunds? That's going to be our first endurance looking forward to it we're starting to prep the car now and fine tune it on 12 car rallies.

Wish you the best and hope to see you there!

matt.f

Is that the Xpart in Bury St Edmunds? That's going to be our first endurance looking forward to it we're starting to prep the car now and fine tune it on 12 car rallies.

Wish you the best and hope to see you there!

Yes thats first round

matt.f

Know people with 106's that use slightly cut down berlingo springs to good use,think they might fit a 205

N3VRAM

That great cheers for the help/info guys, and yes Graham if I can get the car prepped in time! I've got ALOT of work to do and not much time to do it but i'll see how it goes.