• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JamesE

Good Seat Trimmers In Yorkshire?

JamesE

Looking for good seat retrimmers in Yorkshire. Live in Hull, but happy to travel.

Looking for an original style half leather retrim.

Can anyone recommend a company?

Henry Yorke

Have you got the material for the centres already for the retrim? If not then it is not possible to easily get hold of it if you are after phase 1

JamesE

My current seats (phase 2) centre squabs are fine...been looking on Daves site and reckon this is going to get very expensive very quickly. £80 per seat for the foam inserts, then the leather and time at a retrimmers.

What do you reckon? I reckon it's going to be knocking on £500 at least

JamesE

I was going to take my seats to Vasco in wakefield.

No website, I think it's 2 old chaps that run it.

Never had anywork done by them before, but I've heard a few good recomendations.

http://www.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/vasco-12733820.html

Thanks for that. Will add them to the (very short) list. There's only one place in Hull and wasn't impressed with their quality...

speno

Im going to have a pop me self at it , well kind of ( I own a surgical shoe factory and have a magical leather worker/ machinist who is going to assist me in it )

Probably will be over xmas time tho , if it goes well i might offer a service but dont hold ya breath

I've stripped seats down and repaired the upper side bolsters/leather before and of course the normal bolsters

I think time is a major factor here and of course what kind of leather you go for

like Henry said I dont know where you could source the cloth material from but im going to use black nappa leather for the middle and probably some softee leather for the bolster areas

JamesE

Would be interested to see how you get on...