• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vtifan

Will These Wheels Fit A 205

vtifan

i was trawling ebay looking for wheels and i really fancy a set of lenso bsx the bbs reps for my cabriolet,i have gti6 brakes and a zender kit on there so i really wanted to go for 16' wheels as i think 15's look a bit small on a car thats got lower valances and skirts and not sure if the 15's will clear calipers.

the wheels they do in 16' are listed for a 205 but they are 7.5j x16 and et 15 which i think seems a good offset but the width worries me a wee bit as i had a set of fondmetal 4000 on my old 205 that were 7x15 and they scrubbed the hell out of the plastic lip on the front even with 45 profiles but not sure what offset they were

they are saying 195/40/16 tyres though that are going to be a wee bit stretched,so i am thinking maybe they will just squeeze under there

i'm getting on a bit and not building this car for all out speed or handling,obviously that i bought a cabriolet :) its just a cruising car with a decent turn of speed but i want it to look a bit different and these wheels would look the danglies in my eyes,any thoughts ?

Tesstuff

My thoughts are that you need to learn how to show pictures in your posts when it is appropriate.

It helps no end. It will also provide more help for you when you need it.

• Like 2

vtifan

My thoughts are that you need to learn how to show pictures in your posts when it is appropriate.

It helps no end. It will also provide more help for you when you need it.

pictures of what mate ? :) my daughter who is the family photographer is away for a few days with her camera,and i am too old to understand all this technological wizardry,in my day you had to take your photos to boots,and a polaroid camera was like black magic :D

pug_ham
pictures of what mate ?

The wheels you are asking about?

Add a link in that case, surely you can manage that?

Trying to imagine what a certain wheel will look like (or looks like full stop) without having to do the leg work for you (assuming we find the same ones anyway) will seriously lower the amount of replies you get.

g

dcc

Weld them on. I think they'll fit then.

vtifan

Weld them on. I think they'll fit then.

if you can weld alloy to steel i'll let yoiu have a go

Liquid_106

i was trawling ebay looking for wheels and i really fancy a set of lenso bsx the bbs reps for my cabriolet,

len_bsx-sil.jpg

i have gti6 brakes and a zender kit on there so i really wanted to go for 16' wheels as i think 15's look a bit small on a car thats got lower valances and skirts and not sure if the 15's will clear calipers. The wheels they do in 16' are listed for a 205 but they are 7.5j x16 and et 15 which i think seems a good offset but the width worries me a wee bit as i had a set of fondmetal 4000 on my old 205 that were 7x15 and they scrubbed the hell out of the plastic lip on the front even with 45 profiles but not sure what offset they were they are saying 195/40/16 tyres though that are going to be a wee bit stretched,so i am thinking maybe they will just squeeze under there. I'm getting on a bit and not building this car for all out speed or handling,obviously that i bought a cabriolet :) its just a cruising car with a decent turn of speed but i want it to look a bit different and these wheels would look the danglies in my eyes,any thoughts ?

welshpug

if you can weld alloy to steel i'll let yoiu have a go

you can indeed !

p.s, here's a cti with those very wheels on it, I was tempted with some, but found that they weigh a good 3.5 kilos more than standard wheels, let alone my C5 wheels!!

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=132601

vtifan

you can indeed !

p.s, here's a cti with those very wheels on it, I was tempted with some, but found that they weigh a good 3.5 kilos more than standard wheels, let alone my C5 wheels!!

http://forum.205gtid...howtopic=132601

saw them on ellis's car they are the 7x15 version,its the 7.5x16 i want

ablister

sorry if i have got this wrong but is he not asking if these wheels would fit, not what they would look like? The wheel info has been given. How would pics help anyone know if they would fit?

welshpug

How would pics help anyone know if they would fit?

shows that the wheels fit the car ;)

ablister

Surely if he had a pic of them fitted to a 205 then he wouldn't need to know if they fit!

welshpug

indeed, so he can't have had a picture, or he wouldn't have started the thread :wacko:

dave richards

7.5j x16 and et 15 should have been enough informations tbf, personally i think the width of the wheel will be the deciding factor i run 205 gti nimrods with spacers to create the equivalent to et15 and i think they are 6.5j they are close all round outside and in iirc but i 'll check tomorrow

vtifan

7.5j x16 and et 15 should have been enough informations tbf, personally i think the width of the wheel will be the deciding factor i run 205 gti nimrods with spacers to create the equivalent to et15 and i think they are 6.5j they are close all round outside and in iirc but i 'll check tomorrow

so if you run nimrods at et15 there will be half inch of wheel either side extra with the lensos but my tyre should be the same widthon the tread part but slightly stretched at the sides,if you are running spacers they shouldnt be too close inside which is my main concern as i am running avo coilovers that might cause clearance issues on the front, which i would ditch for the right wheels lol.

the wheels are listed for a 205 so i suppose if they dont fit i could raise an ebay dispute

welshpug

Coilovers wont make any difference unless they are large bodies like a gaz gold, but thats only 5mm or so.

Give you an idea of what will fit, an et28 nimrod will just fit without spacers!

vtifan

Coilovers wont make any difference unless they are large bodies like a gaz gold, but thats only 5mm or so.

Give you an idea of what will fit, an et28 nimrod will just fit without spacers!

right so an et 28 nimrod at 6.5 inches will just fit,so in theory the inner edge of an et15 7.5 inch wheel should sit in exactly the same position but will stick out 25mm further into the arch and i have seen a 205 running nimrods with 20mm spacers and 45 profile tyres that looked pretty spot on for tyre position so based on this they should fit like the proverbial glove with maybe minor scrubbage on the front.

i thought there might be clearance issues with the spring platform being lower and making the shocky wider,because as we know most cars standard shocks have the spring platform above the wheel but coilovers platform is much lower so less clearance

lemmingzappa

i had a set of fondmetal 4000 on my old 205 that were 7x15 and they scrubbed the hell out of the plastic lip on the front even with 45 profiles but not sure what offset they were

Most likely either ET11 or ET13.

vtifan

Most likely either ET11 or ET13.

I REALLY HOPE YOU ARE WRONG ! :lol:

welshpug

yes, I was about to post that Nik!

vtifan

yes, I was about to post that Nik!

obviously i have checked this out already and it looks like they will fit if they clear coilovers so f*** it i am going for it as had a good week selling off my honda s*ite and a few quid back off the pug parts,so bung the mrs a couple of hundred for crimbo shopping and should be sweet :D :D :D

vtifan

just phoned about these wheels and they run 10mm spacers.after having a wheel come off a day after fitting spacers on my old 306 i dont fancy this much at all so back to drawing board

Henry Yorke

Are you sure? It may just do on a 1.6 front hub but probably not on a 1.9. Also the back would need spacers unless on a 309 beam.

I ran 7x15 ET25 wheels on my CTI. They had 10mm spacer on the back and none on the front. When I put a 309 set up on the front with 1.9 hubs, I needed a 10mm spacer or the tyre caught the strut. Similar story with 7x17 206 GTI 180 wheels.

I also remember that 405 Mi16 15" wheels would not fit on my rear beam too from when I tried in my younger days.

Tyre profiles are very different with some having a larger contact patch than others