• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m_attt

Door Closing/adjustment

m_attt

The doors on my GTI are letting it down a bit, the passenger door closes ok but sticks out a bit in the middle, and the drivers door needs a good slam and is slighty dropped. I've played around with the brass pins that stick out the B pillar. What bits need replacing to get them back.

Thanks

d7ve_b

How did you adjust the striker bar in the B pillar? Does it just undo with the appropriate size star drive bit?

I changed the pins in my doors to cure the sagging and ensure a good seal, it's made a huge difference!

m_attt

yeah I unscrewed it and you have some movement, It improved things a lot, but still not 100%

welshpug

Replace the hinge pins.

matt.f

As Mei says fit new hinge pins.

As for the b post striker you just need to make sure its inline with the door catch when you shut it.Keep the outer door handle pulled and see how its hitting the striker.You want it so the door is slightly proud of the quarter so that you dont get wind noise(its a 205 so you cant be too fussy!!)

bondyshambles

Had the same problem and replaced the door pins. One thing of note though, the brass part on the B pillar should have a plastic coating i believe. The plastic coating was missing off mine and so even with the new pins it still felt as though it was needing to be lifted up to close in one hit. May be relevant......but maynot.

m_attt

thanks for the replys, ive had a look and it has the screw in type pin, but there seams to be no movement in them at all, is it still worth replacing them. The strikers dont have the plastic coating on and look a bit worn so will have a look at replacing them.

thanks again

GWtaylor

Sorry to hijack thread but are the pins still available to buy? as my doors sag alot and have the non torx head type in

pug_ham

Sorry to hijack thread but are the pins still available to buy? as my doors sag alot and have the non torx head type in

They were last year, I got some for mine.

Part number 9044.31.

g