• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NFS

Difference In Cti An Gti Carpets

NFS

Question above. What's the difference?

dcc

the rear section where it goes up to the rear seats. iirc its quite a bit different and the moulding is different too!

NFS

Oh okay thanks

Slo

floor pans are deeper inner sills are wider i think

Miles

All of it basically, Front footwell's are narrower due to the kick panels, Behind the front seats where a large cross member fits to name a few, I have seen GTi carpets fitted but it looks nasty

Mark.Azzop.205

The front foot-well of the carpet for the CTI goes up higher than for a GTI. In a CTI there is no side kick panels. The sills are wider in a CTI so the bulge is longer and so a narrower footwell. The one below is from a GTI :

img6266qw.jpg

Now this is from a CTI :

7.jpg

Also notice the CTI has an additional patch in the driver footwell to protect against wear from feet rubbing due to lack of kick panels

Hope this helps

NFS

Yes thanks, there was a job lot of parts going for sale which inculded a cti carpet. i was just wondering if it could fit the gti and i couldnt find the answer buy searching on here and google. but thanks great help

omri617

What is a good way to renew the color of the carpet , after washing properly?

Mark.Azzop.205

Good question, it's been talked on here before, IIRC someone said that carpet dye will not work because the material of the shag pile of the carpet is nylon and the dye doesn't stick to it or dye it! I cleaned mine with Ariel Actilift liquid soap and it came up mice, but I guess a faded red carpet from the sun is irreparable or I don't know how to do so

Slo

I spray painted mine after i jetwashed it in true wheeler dealer style, its worn off a lot now as you can imagine but it looked a million dollars when i did it lol

Weser

I gave mine a good wash and scrub with washing powder and it came up a treat even though it looked a bit faded.