• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dirtdog

Oe Spoilers/tailgates

dirtdog

Right.sorry if this has been covered but i'm confused.

I while ago I bought and fitted a 306 3rd / high level brake light after reading a members post saying the ph2 tailgates already had the mounting for them. Much to my dismay mine wasn't the same. I had to drill two holes and attach it with screws. My car is a L reg '94 STDT so I thought it would be PH2. It's got clear lights, the PH2 rear clusters, and there is not much metal on display like my F reg (PH 1?) did along the tops of the door card etc. It's made me wonder if it's a 1.5 or even a 1.75 lol

I had a spoiler on the PH1 which was bonded to the glass which I belive is the phase 1 spoiler. Now after having a read up about the phase 2 spoiler it seems that it's screwed/bolted down onto the tailgate itself and nothing touches the glass?

Looking from inside and underneath my tailgate/bootlid I can only see one hole with a clear plastic insert which looks to have a thread. Sure I have read else where there are four?!

I don't think it's the ph1 spoiler i need..but i'm a little dubious with the ph2 one

allye

your car is certainly a phase 2 item, you are also right about the later spoiler being screwed on with 4 screws. I'm certain it was only the very late cars that had the mounting point for the high level light. When my Rallye's rear got repaired from a shunt the new genuine Peugeot boot had the mounts for it.

Stick a photo up and we can soon tell. Not out of the question a phase 1 boot has been fitted for one reason or another.

Anthony

There's five holes in the Phase 1.5 and 2 tailgates that plastic inserts sit in and in turn the OE spoiler screws into.

Base model tailgates do not have the holes.

As Ali says, it seems that only late Phase 2 tailgates have the holes for the 3rd brake light - neither my '92 J or '92 K reg cars have it for example.

chipstick

I'll have to check the '93 tailgate I have for these mountings.

BERTMAN

Were talking really late phase 2s. My 96 on a P plate diesel has the holes for mounting

allye

this what the mount point looks like

IMG_20120326_185024.jpg

dirtdog

Yea that's the mounting for the brake light allye? I don't have the flat sections nor holes.. It was just the ridge all the way across. I'll upload a picture of mine soon.

So anthony...you're saying I have a base model tailgate? Wouldn't suprise me really..although I always thought it would be a GTi item.

Can i fit the ph2 spoiler to my boot then? Bit of persuasion?

dirtdog

Pic_1111_002.jpg You can't really tell but..I didn't have the flat sections to mount the 3rd light. I just drilled and screwed into the ridge..if you get me.

It's the bit under the brake light that i'm wondering about. The little clear round plastic plug in the centre of the boot / between hinges

Anthony

So anthony...you're saying I have a base model tailgate? Wouldn't suprise me really..although I always thought it would be a GTi item.

I don't think STDT's have a rear spoiler, and if that's the case, then they'll have a base model tailgate.

IMG_7586.sized.jpg

That's my old STDT and as you can see, no spoiler on that, nor from memory any of the others that I've seen.

pug_ham

The STDT never had a spoiler of any kind on the tailgate originally & mine didn't the holes for the plastic inserts to fit one.

The STDT has the basic hatch with the tinted glass, base models generally have clear / plain glass without any tint.

g

Gman

Mine has the holes, but is on a 92 plate :wacko: